Occasionally not turning on

howardl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have posted on here about my 322 occasionally not turning on... It comes on when ignition is turned on but when I turn engine over it turns off.
I hard wired into a different live fuse, but no change.
I have a plug in rear camera in which I have now disconnected after a fellow forum person suggested I do and will see if that cures it

Nope, still, on occasions has to be powered on by the button on the camera.

Clean all contacts with isopropanol (rubbing alcohol). Let dry for 5 mins. Might be a feedback connector on the mount and/or camera???? (Might even do the USB connectors too. Isopropanol evaporates quite rapidly and leaves no trace (unless there is crap mixed with it) Just a thought.

Known problem with incorrect wiring.

When you crank the starter some car circuits are cut. Dash cam starts to power then loses power so shuts down.

You need to find a circuit that doesn't lose power during cranking.

Known problem with incorrect wiring.

When you crank the starter some car circuits are cut. Dash cam starts to power then loses power so shuts down.

You need to find a circuit that doesn't lose power during cranking.
But why doesn't it do it all the rime in that case?

Could be the time since last used. If recent then the dash cam battery may still have enough power to overcome the brief power loss.

Well, in the end, my conclusion is, the battery is shot
I charged it up the blue light went off, I unplugged it, turned it on, screen turned on for one second, then it went off
, I'm going to change the battery, seems straight forward.
Was bought in March 2020....not a very good life of the battery

Hi Howard,

Thanks for your update, I've sent you the battery replacement instructions.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Battery changed.
Was fairly easy to open the camera up.
I had to ask an electronics friend to un-solder old and solder in the new battery as the soldering iron I had was too big.
A very thin iron is preferable.

My Dashcam does the same. It won't turn on with ignition. Turning on manually, however now it doesn't switch on at all. Could it be a fault with the Dashcam. Brought from Argos

Perform an indoor test using a mobile phone charging adapter or other stable mains USB.

Do not test using a PC USB as they don't start many dashcams in recording mode.

That will rule in/out the vehicle power.

Perform an indoor test using a mobile phone charging adapter or other stable mains USB.

Do not test using a PC USB as they don't start many dashcams in recording mode.

That will rule in/out the vehicle power.
So tested the camera indoors. Camera seems to be working fine now. Had to do a hard reset and re connect camera to phone. Let's see what happens!!

I will probably have to charge the camera indoors every so often because I don't do enough driving around to charge the thing, especially as its in parking mode and my car switches to Eco mode to preserve battery. Also I have noticed that my stop start engine no longer functions. I've read on other forums that this is an issue when you have hardwired a Dashcam.

I do very little mileage as well. 2,000 last year.

My ploy is that I have my 2 Viofo V3's permanently plugged into a Kasa Smart plug that comes on weekly for an hour. Saves me forgetting to give them a boost.

Got my 2 Garmin Nuvi's on another one but they get 2 hours a week.

I will probably have to charge the camera indoors every so often because I don't do enough driving around to charge the thing, especially as its in parking mode and my car switches to Eco mode to preserve battery. Also I have noticed that my stop start engine no longer functions. I've read on other forums that this is an issue when you have hardwired a Dashcam.
Don't think it's anything to do with the cam being hard wired.
I have stop/start, mine works occasionally in the summer, rarely in the winter, the car battery has to be charged to the max, in the winter there's more strain on the battery so it rarely works only after a long distance run..... It was like this before hard wiring the cam.

Brought it in Feb. Had it only installed 6 weeks ago
My cam switched on.... It may have behaved 8 or 9 times, but every now and then it wouldn't... I had to press the button.. .it is 3years old
I bought a new dash cam, another 322gw... Which (touch wood) is behaving... I think it was the battery in my old one, as it wouldn't charge, I have changed the battery and now seems fine... I'm giving it to my son.
Perhaps... It may be a duff battery in your case..... , take it back for an exchange.

Back