Occasionally not turning on

Just hypothesizing here, but as the camera is permanently connected to power (and there is no Acc connection) it has to somehow figure out when the car is started. Maybe this is by monitoring the car's battery voltage? When the engine is off the battery voltage drops, when it's on it rises. As you start the car it drops too. Maybe if the car battery is aging, or there's a charging issue, it doesn't recover to higher voltage with the car started quickly and the camera gets confused thinking the car battery it at a voltage similar to when the engine is off??

have stop/start, mine works occasionally in the summer, rarely in the winter, the car battery has to be charged to the max, in the winter there's more strain on the battery so it rarely works only after a long distance run..... It was like this before hard wiring the cam.
That's the first sign of a battery on its way out, or a fault in the charging system. I experienced the same until I changed the car battery...

That's the first sign of a battery on its way out, or a fault in the charging system. I experienced the same until I changed the car battery...
Hmmm, Not sure about that, others with the same model car has similar experiences, it wasn't because the battery was on the way out... Its the way isg needs to work, it needs a tip top battery, after a few months it isn't so tip top
isg is a gimmicky thing.

Back