Odd SG9665GC V2 startup behavior

I was. I've rolled back to an older version just for a little while, just out of interest. After that, if it's no better i'll reach out to @niko and see if we can come up with a solution that fixes the issue once and for all.

I was. I've rolled back to an older version just for a little while, just out of interest. After that, if it's no better i'll reach out to @niko and see if we can come up with a solution that fixes the issue once and for all.

You may send a unit to me and I will see what I can do.

An update for anyone still following this.

The camera is still working great 13 days after I rolled back the firmware to V:SG20170517.V3 The only other change I made was to format the SD card several times on the PC (formatted NTSC and let the camera format it back to exFAT or whatever the standard is)

Hopefully I haven't jinxed things now. If it keeps working okay over the next few weeks I might try a newer firmware version.

With my version of this issue, after swapping in a new USB cable everything worked perfectly on SG20180323.V4 for more than two weeks before the problems suddenly returned. I've been planning to provide an update soon but for now I'll just state that the camera will work fine for a period of days or longer and then a new but slightly different version of the freezing and glitches will occur. I forget exactly when I installed the latest firmware but initially it was shortly after it was released so I doubt that this is a firmware issue because the camera has been performing perfectly on this firmware all this time up until this all began for me last October. I'm convinced this is a hardware issue at this point.

I've had other priorities than to engage in constant troubleshooting for the time being so I just keep my eye on the camera and manually reboot it when necessary but this is becoming unsustainable and rather annoying.

Hope yours keeps functioning!

yeah I don't think it would be V4 firmware related, a few thousand downloads since release, would have come up more by now if it was firmware related

Back