OEM car manufacturers and dash cams

Paul Schmehl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DDPai M6 Plus
Is there any rumblings about OEM car manufacturers including dash cams and even rear cams in their options in the future? My ideal dash cam would be one built in to the vehicle, using the dash touch screen for settings, etc. It seems like a natural transition from the current backup camera systems, dash touch screen systems and collision avoidance, lane departure warnings, etc., etc.

Is this is the near future?

OP
Paul Schmehl

Paul Schmehl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DDPai M6 Plus
One of the things I looked for, when looking at dash cams, was the ability to plug in to the existing video system of the car. Obviously it wasn't a deal breaker, because I ordered the M6+, but it would be nice to connect the dash cam video to the touch screen. That way, if I wanted to, I could navigate to the A/V section and select external video input and view the camera.

I really don't like the dash cams that have screens. It makes them too bulky and hard to hide, and the need to view realtime video just isn't there. Review is what interests me. If I could do that through the screen, it would be more easily viewed than through my smartphone or a tiny 3 inch screen.

DocEmmerich

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What I want to see is the vehicles like new F150s that have 4 cameras to give a birds eye view to have a parking or surveillance mode. Anybody approach it from any angle and see it.