Official hardwire kit installation

Nick70Mai

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
70Mai A800
Hi all. I've just purchased the 70mai hardwire kit to enable parking mode as I've just had my new car damaged and I've had enough.

I believe it should function ok as its their official product.

Has anybody used piggyback fuse holders to install and does anybody have suggestions which type of car fuse to hook up to?

Apologies if this has been covered, any help appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forum Nick.

What fuse to tap into can be a bit tricky, it vary much from car brand and even models too.
The smart electric circuit in modern cars can make hard wire of a dashcam a bit tricky.

Thanks

I've asked for advice on a car owners forum, quite a few have hardwired dash cams, but not 70mai.

The live wire should be wired to a permanent live, is that correct?

I've had issues with the camera powering on and off, but I've seemed to have solved that by plugging it in after a few minutes of driving. Bit of a weird issue.

Thanks again.

Thanks

I've asked for advice on a car owners forum, quite a few have hardwired dash cams, but not 70mai.

The live wire should be wired to a permanent live, is that correct?

I've had issues with the camera powering on and off, but I've seemed to have solved that by plugging it in after a few minutes of driving. Bit of a weird issue.

Thanks again.
In order to use parking mode, your hardwire kit should have 3 wires, a switched live (often Red), a permanent live (often Yellow) and an earth (Black). If it only has 2 wires then it will not support parking mode.

I've purchased the 70mai kit, so red, yellow and black should be present.

I've purchased the 70mai kit, so red, yellow and black should be present.
You should be fine then. Wire up to as I said, you just need to identify a switched and permanent live in your interior fuse box. Did you get fuse taps with the kit?

No, I don't believe so. I'll just buy 2 piggy back fuse holders, have a good look at my cars fuse diagram and hope for the best lol

No, I don't believe so. I'll just buy 2 piggy back fuse holders, have a good look at my cars fuse diagram and hope for the best lol
Best of luck, make sure you buy the correct size fuse taps.

Hi guys! I have faced with problem that 70Mai Hardware Kit actually does not have power cutting off feature as described in specification (threshold 11,4 V). I enabled video surveillance mode for parking and left car for two weeks. 70mai fully discharged my car accumulator up to 0 volts! Its is crazy. I have new car Toyota CHR. That device fully damaged my car accumulator! Fake device from China! Don't buy it. It's a ****.

Hi guys! I have faced with problem that 70Mai Hardware Kit actually does not have power cutting off feature as described in specification (threshold 11,4 V). I enabled video surveillance mode for parking and left car for two weeks. 70mai fully discharged my car accumulator up to 0 volts! Its is crazy. I have new car Toyota CHR. That device fully damaged my car accumulator! Fake device from China! Don't buy it. It's a ****.
You might have a faulty unit. I've tested mine a couple time (some unintentionally when I went on trips).

You probably already connected it but for other who's looking for same info. Ensure you connect the fuse-tap correctly. The best way to check is just remove the original fuse, connect the fuse tap then test with a multimeter. If there's no power, it's in the right way. You can then out the original fuse in the fuse tap and connect it. This ensure it won't overload the wire more than the designed Amps

Back