Official Mini 0801 Firmware 20140308

Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
we found many users have the new firmware requirement on DashCamTalk but can't get a route, so we decide to release the most stable firmware so far, version 20140308.

please find the firmware download links below:
1, without internal storage, without GPS;
2, without internal storage, with GPS;
3, with internal storage, without GPS;
4, with internal storage, with GPS;

Upgrade procedure:
1, copy the firmware BIN file into the root folder of TF card; (don't change the file name)
2, power on the mini 0801 with the firmware TF card in slot;
3, choose YES when the upgrade confirmation popup;
4, wait, wait when the screen showing PROCESSING, this may take 1 to 3 minutes; (the screen may be off depends on your SCREEN PROTECTION setting;)
5, the mini 0801 power off automaticly;
6, power on the mini 0801 again, check the firmware version 20140308.
7, if, the mini 0801 still PROCESSING after 5 minutes, please reboot it manually and re-upgrade.
8, delete the BIN file in TF, or format the TF.
9, enjoy!

before upgrade the mini 0801, please double check your device is exact same with the camera at LEFT:
3.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent...thanks, I've been running my two cameras (no internal or GPS) on the 202 firmware with zero problems but its good to have the proper one now.

Is there any kind of Firmware Release Notice to describe exactly what bug fixes and enhancements are included in it? My camera is working without issue so far; I don't want to (and won't) update just for the sake of updating. (completely appreciate the links though)

Why don't you release one binary file to cover all possible hardware configurations? The firmware should be able to detect the hardware and adapt to what's there.

They don't write the firmware, at least he's making it readily available

The 0801 has limited system memory available so multiple versions are needed as a result, it's a limitation of the platform

The cam I just got for ojocam is running this firmware with no issues so far.

My Mini 0801, instead of sounds, plays fizz

Thanks for posting this firmware. Upgraded mine last night but don't know any difference from my previous firmware version of December 2013.

The cam I just got for ojocam is running this firmware with no issues so far.

Have you tested your ojocam to make sure it recycles when the card/memory gets full ? :cool: I would recommend you supply power to it and let it record non-stop for a day to get the card/memory full and to start recycling old videos...

The reason why I mention this is because my ojocam also came with the March 2014 firmware and did not recycle once the card got full...

we found many users have the new firmware requirement on DashCamTalk but can't get a route, so we decide to release the most stable firmware so far, version 20140308.

Upgrade procedure:
1, copy the firmware BIN file into the root folder of TF card; (don't change the file name)
4, wait, wait when the screen showing PROCESSING, this may take 1 to 3 minutes; (the screen may be off depends on your SCREEN PROTECTION setting;)
7, if, the mini 0801 still PROCESSING after 5 minutes, please reboot it manually and re-upgrade.
9, enjoy!

before upgrade the mini 0801, please double check your device is exact same with the camera at LEFT:
View attachment 4539
View attachment 4540

Upgrade procedure:
9, enjoy!

View attachment 4539
View attachment 4540

Upgrade procedure:
9, enjoy!

View attachment 4539
View attachment 4540

I loaded this firmware without any apparent difficulty, went to the setup menu entered UK time and MPH. After switching off and mounting it in the car it restarted using Chinese time and KPH. What is wrong

Also is there any difficulty when using Windows XP or Vista

I loaded the latest firmware kindly supplied by Rayman.Chan (Many thanks) onto my 3x 0801 cams, and all work fine here, no issues at all.
In fact since 1202 firmware, the 0801 cams for me are proving to be very reliable indeed, one of them serves as a cheap security camera, and is switched on every
night, and that's also been running for months without problems, I'm surprised it's actually still going strong after all the usage it's had, just shows what a good little camera the 0801 is especially now the firmware is pretty stable.

Only issue I've had is the base falling off the windscreen, it sometimes stays put for a couple of weeks. I've tried different double sided tape, and proper mirror adhesive pads, cleaned with isopropyl and warmed the screen with a hair dryer so it adheres well, but still comes away after a time.
So, what I've done is to neatly epoxy the base to a piece of flat black plastic about twice the area of the original base, and that seems to have cured it, as it's been on for about 6 weeks now and still stuck fast.

jflem: Very strange indeed, Think I would reset it by holding down the on/off button, and go into settings and reset to default settings and set it up again, not a lot else you can do. Probably just a quark after re-flashing new firmware.

Last edited:
Have you tested your ojocam to make sure it recycles when the card/memory gets full ? :cool: I would recommend you supply power to it and let it record non-stop for a day to get the card/memory full and to start recycling old videos...

The reason why I mention this is because my ojocam also came with the March 2014 firmware and did not recycle once the card got full...
I have not. I suppose I will try that today. Thank you for the heads up.

I tried this on my 'GPS -no internal memory' 0801 (bought from JooVu Nov 2013). The first time it came up with 'IO error' when it tried to record and seemed very reluctant to work. I tried formatting the card before I reloaded the new firmware again. I tested it and left it recording to see if it successfully overwrote the files. It seemed a lot happier and recorded OK but after something like 5 - 7 hours later it just switched itself off. I tried it again but same again. I've loaded 1202 back on (which was previously working fine) and it is now functioning well again. I'm using a Samsung 32GB class 6 card.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I was looking through some video files today and noticed the video bit rate was only 9000kbps I though it was 12000kbps for this camera.

Back