Official Mini 0801 Firmware 20140308

before upgrade the mini 0801, please double check your device is exact same with the camera at LEFT:

Is there any firmware for the camera on the right?

Also can you explain EXACTLY how to 'copy files into the root folder of the TF card?
I can only see two folders on the card called 'DCIM' and 'MISC'

Many thanks

Is there any firmware for the camera on the right?
I have not seen any. Last time I seen a Right and asked about it was running the same chip as a fake G1W (Lower end Novatek NT96220FG)

Hey there,

have the 0801 without internal storage and GPS.
I'm currently running the original fw from Sept.2013 and wanted to update now.
I've copied the file into the root folder of the memory card (camera turned off) and turned the camera on.
Problem is, I don't get any request to update my firmware.. I also tried a older fw from march 2014, same problem
What can i do?

Problem is, I don't get any request to update my firmware.. I also tried a older fw from march 2014, same problem
Are you sure you have one on the left? if so have you named the firmware file accordingly?

The first attempt I made to update the firmware, my camera also didn't 'see' the file either. Powering cycling it with the card still in, it did prompt me to update. I don't know if that's a solution for you, but could be worth a try.

hey,
it should be the right one.
I named the fw
firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin

I tried it several times reboot with SD Card and connected to the pc, without pc, turning on without the sd Card and then rebooting..

None of this has worked so far

Attachments

• Foto 1.JPG
    Foto 1.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Foto 2.JPG
    Foto 2.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 21
Has naming it firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin worked before? I know there is two or three different ways to name the update files for these

It's the first time, I'm trying to update this fw. That's the name, the fw already had. I've downloaded it from page 1 of this thread

Other file names to try that might work include
firmware-NO1-SPI-OV2710FLIP-TB15-M8452.bin
firmware-NO1.bin
firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin
firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin
firmware-NO1-SPI-OV2710FLIP-TB15-MA310.bin
I remember Tobi@s said one or two of the file names are most likly to be it. I skimmed but could not find where he posted which ones though sorry, but those are from the FAQ.
I'm also only going off what I read I only have an 0803

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you very much for your help so far!
I'm gonna try the names and let you know, if any or none have worked ;)

EDIT: naming it "firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin" worked! Awesome! Again, thank you very much for your help! Appreciate it!

Last edited:
thank you very much for your help so far!
I'm gonna try the names and let you know, if any or none have worked ;)

EDIT: naming it "firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin" worked! Awesome! Again, thank you very much for your help! Appreciate it!
You are welcome. Glad I was able to help. I hope your 0801 serves you well.
If you are feeling adventures you can try other firmwares from here
http://dc.p-mc.eu/0801/firmware Just make sure you stay on the 0801 page the 0803 is different internally.
I got the file names to try from the FAQ here
https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0801/

firmware-NO1-SPI-OV2710FLIP-TB15-M8452.bin ---- very old version with G-sensor P/N M8452
firmware-NO1.bin ---- almost not used
firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin ---- normal name
firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin ---- normal name
firmware-NO1-SPI-OV2710FLIP-TB15-MA310.bin ---- almost not used, with G-sensor P/N MA310

if upgraded with the wrong file, the G-sensor may not works.

Is your firmware version really 201312121905? Then I'd be careful. Common firmware versions just contain the date and not the time. (20131212 instead of 201312121905). Maybe you have a device with different Hardware and different firmware? Where did you buy your 0801?
I got it too, see my avatar pic. No holes for ventilation, just horizontal lines in the plastic beside camera lense. Same 201312121905 firmware you have. It's a fake 0801 clone. Seems to work great so far, was cheap enough. Oh well.

I'm confussed. I bought a JADO D169 Mini 0801 from estore009 as I understood that he was a reputable seller. I believe I also read that a JADO D169 was the same as a mini 0801 and any firmware for the 0801 could also be used for the Jado, but it looks like the image on the right which firmware 20140308 apparently can't be used with. So did I buy a fake and what firmware will work with a JADO D169.

Please upload an image from the camera

Here's an image from the camera.

Attachments

• 05161206_0011.JPG
    05161206_0011.JPG
    484.1 KB · Views: 16
no. he wanted you to take an actual image OF the cam itself :D

Back