Official SJCAM website now with security check

tgrdrgrss

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Dash Cam
Tronsport SJ4000; SJCAM SJ5000+, SJCAM SJ5000X Elite, K6000
First of all, I've heard of the SJCAM website which was www.sjcam.com.
It was the go-to website when we want to know about latest product.
But lately (December 22) there is another website with similar name, www.sjcamhd.com

I was confused, since which one is real now?
But then I read the about page on both web and found this"
http://www.sjcamhd.com/about-us said:
SJCAMhd.com is the official website for SJCAM cameras, it will be a direct platform to provide information and support to users.
SJCAM team focus on design and manufacture unique versatile cameras, which is mini size but with super clear video effect, easy to use and have durable quality.
SJCAM have below star products:
SJ1000, SJ2000, SJ3000, SJ4000, SJ4000 WIFI…etc.
SJCAM will keep collect the advices from users and improve the design and quality, wish to make the best versatile cameras for users.
Also we welcome ODM and OEM orders, welcome more and more distributors, that it will provide good local service for overseas users.
Please contact us and welcome you join us!
and this
www.sjcam.com/en/content/4-about-us said:
The company:
Viofo Ltd is the partner of Shenzhen Hongfeng Century Technology Co., Ltd, which in charge of marketing and distribution.
The brand:
SJCAM is an international brand, registered in most countries of Asia, North America, Europe.
The product:
SJCAM focus on design and manufacture unique versatile cameras, which is mini size but with super clear video effect, easy to use and have durable quality.
SJCAM have below star products: SJ1000, SJ2000, SJ3000, SJ4000, SJ4000 WIFI…etc.

SJCAM will keep collect the advices from users and improve the design and quality, wish to make the best versatile cameras for users.

Also we welcome ODM and OEM orders, welcome more and more distributors, that it will provide good local service for overseas users.

Please contact us and welcome you join us!

Both web looks similar, but on www.sjcamhd.com, there is a page for "security check" so you can make sure that you bought the original one. (http://www.sjcamhd.com/safe/)

If you are familiar with Chinese products and brand like NooSy, Yoobao, or Jackly, they did this because most of their product get cloned so they made a specific page to check the serial number.
At the page, you can check whether the S/N on the product came up at the system, and how many times do that number come up (this to prevent other vendor copy and mass produced their product with one original S/N).

It's a good news for future buyers, because they can check the S/N at to confirm originality.
Looking forward for this!

But lately (December 22) there is another website with similar name, www.sjcamhd.com

and this

Both web looks similar, but on www.sjcamhd.com, there is a page for "security check" so you can make sure that you bought the original one. (http://www.sjcamhd.com/safe/)

If you are familiar with Chinese products and brand like NooSy, Yoobao, or Jackly, they did this because most of their product get cloned so they made a specific page to check the serial number.
At the page, you can check whether the S/N on the product came up at the system, and how many times do that number come up (this to prevent other vendor copy and mass produced their product with one original S/N).

It's a good news for future buyers, because they can check the S/N at to confirm originality.

Where can I find the serial number on my camera?

Where can I find the serial number on my camera?
I think the serial number will be on future camera manufactured in 2015. Usually, it will be on the packaging box on a sticker. If you bought the old batch, there won't be any serial number for security check.

I think the serial number will be on future camera manufactured in 2015. Usually, it will be on the packaging box on a sticker. If you bought the old batch, there won't be any serial number for security check.
For older models the serial number can be found inside the battery area S/N SJCAM2014.....

and this

Tnx for useful information

So is sjcam.com the official site?
SJCAM.com is the 'official' site for main distributor for SJCAM products.
SJCAMHD.com is the 'official' site for the factory behind the SJCAM products.

CMIIW :)
Tnx for useful information
No probs. It's useful to fight against counterfeit products.
This method is very common for Chinese brand that already settles, but hate to see fake or clone from their fellow Chinese company (not being racist here).

just been trying to check mine, but as the serial number has 3x letter I or number1 and 2x letter O or number 0

hafter some time, I gave up trying to work out which was which as it kept saying it was a forgery

I read the bar code next to the serial number and that came up with http://www.sjcamhd.com/safe

I wonder how long before there's a shipment of these all with the same serial number

That's exactly what I am wondering....

My recent purchase has a fantastic picture and night time ability..... and it checks out on the sjcam security site, came with sjcam stickers and the "red" sticky pad..... has the correct sized waterproof case and box.....sj cam battery and even a rubberised front panel with sjcam written on it.... firmware starts up with sj4000 and is version N20140929v01 etc ( the v01 suggests it has the old screen ?)

but....

Inside it has a 2013 front mode button circuit board with no sj cam written on it..

I was hoping for the "video lapse" feature, but its not there..

minus the 2 wifi settings it looks exactly like this in the menu s/ on screen..

Last edited:
That's exactly what I am wondering....

My recent purchase has a fantastic picture and night time ability..... and it checks out on the sjcam security site, came with sjcam stickers and the "red" sticky pad..... has the correct sized waterproof case and box.....sj cam battery and even a rubberised front panel with sjcam written on it.... firmware starts up with sj4000 and is version N20140929v01 etc ( the v01 suggests it has the old screen ?)

but....

Inside it has a 2013 front mode button circuit board with no sj cam written on it..

I was hoping for the "video lapse" feature, but its not there..

minus the 2 wifi settings it looks exactly like this in the menu s/ on screen..

Looks like you got an SJ4000 (non wifi version). It doesn't have videolapse/timelapse menu.

As for sjcamhd.com/safe, I was hoping it could be more like what Yoobao did to prevent fakes.
It will shown off how many times the serial number was checked, so we can know whether this is the real deal or fakes using original serial number.

As for sjcamhd.com/safe, I was hoping it could be more like what Yoobao did to prevent fakes.
It will shown off how many times the serial number was checked, so we can know whether this is the real deal or fakes using original serial number.

Downside of that is that if someone buys a fake and checks first, then they think they have a real one, then when the guy/gal with the real ones comes to check they can see its already been checked once and thinks theirs is a fake. So I don't honestly think that is a good idea.

Downside of that is that if someone buys a fake and checks first, then they think they have a real one, then when the guy/gal with the real ones comes to check they can see its already been checked once and thinks theirs is a fake. So I don't honestly think that is a good idea.
Don't think so.
The s/n is protected under scratch sticker, so if one buys the original, he/she would've known that it has been checked or copied.
Besides, I don't think someone who obtains the original, in order to make copies, would sell them again.

Hello SJCamHD.com is the "Sole" official Site for SJCAM Products. All other sites are merely resellers.

While we SJCamHD.com mainly deals with large and medium sized wholesale orders, we also can process retail orders.

You can verify you SJCAM by downloading the mobile Apps on this page: http://www.sjcamhd.com/download/

Stay tuned to our blog as we will have much more info on guides on how to spot counterfeits.

just been trying to check mine, but as the serial number has 3x letter I or number1 and 2x letter O or number 0

hafter some time, I gave up trying to work out which was which as it kept saying it was a forgery

I read the bar code next to the serial number and that came up with http://www.sjcamhd.com/safe
The verification check worked for me, i had no issues with 1's, I's, 0's or O's. Maybe your camera is a fake.

Back