Offloading LS430w

pococurante

Reaction score
Country
United States
Howdy folks. I need help. I can't figure out how to offload video from my DOD LS430w onto Windows 7. I've read the manual. When I connect with USB I see a set of folders but I don't understand how to find what I want and copy it over. I tried using the device as a video player and capture it that way. Anyway some hand holding is much appreciated. :)

What I want to do is offload on a regular basis. To be able to find a troublesome event and snippet out that information, to a format I can archive or upload to YouTube.

Most importantly I'd like a way to do it in the car, so if I need to I can turn the chip over to US law enforcement but still have copies myself. If I have to wait until I get home I may not get the opportunity to clone the chip.

I use a G1W and i'm going to assume since my G1W can use the DOD firmware that the folder structure is the same way, but it might not be. Hopefully this is correct and helps.

First of all unless you want to start copying videos and then going out for dinner forget USB to camera. You will be here all night trying to offload videos because of how slow it can go.

First to off load videos you need an adapter depending on what kind of computer you have.

If your computer has an SD card reader built in you will need an SD to Micro SD card adapter.
They look like this My old tower had an SD card reader built in near the top, and most micro cards have SD adapters with them that look like a full sized SD card like in the picture.

In my experience Transcend adapters are easier to pull the Micro cards out of because they don't have a back lip like the SanDisk adapters do.

If you computer does not have an SD card reader built in (My newer tower does not) you can tackle this one of two ways.

The first way is a USB Adapter to SD card Adapter to Micro SD card. basically take the thing above and put it into this.
Those are nice if you deal with both full sized SD cards and Micro cards I have DashCams that take both sizes so I keep something like that (although not that brand) handy.

The third choice is to use a Micro SD card USB adapter. My Samsung Micro cards came with a really nice one and I love it. It's something along the lines of this, but Samsung brand.

Honestly the easiest way to get all this done in a car would be to carry a cheap Netbook in the back.
Something like this. They have USB ports and all the ones I have seen have full sized SD card slots as well. They should be powerful enough to handle road side review. Just make sure to install Registrator Viewer on it.

On to the file system again I will be going off of a G1W and assuming they are the same. If they are not I apologize.
The G1W is very folder happy. It is my understanding that every time you start to record again a new folder is created. So lets say you have it set up to stop when you park up using Auto Off.

You start the car drive to a relatives it takes about 15 mins. Park up car off one folder
You start the car drive to WalMart takes 5 mins. Park up car off two folders
You start the car drive to the part store takes 5 mins on the way you manually lock a file of someone in front of you running a red light. You get to the part store you park up turn the car off.

You know have three regular folders and one folder with the locked red light runner.

You start the car leave the part store. Someone pulls out in front of you and causes you to almost rear end them. You manually lock the file. You get home park up and turn the car off.

You now should have 4 folders of regular footage and two folders one containing each locked clip if I remember correctly and it works like the G1W.
They have strange file names for folders and I think the files are the times.
You would then put your memory card in your netbook at the accident scene or at home and copy them off by click and drag and edit or play them back in Registrator Viewer.

Thank you, that worked perfectly. I did not know about Registrator Viewer and happily just gave the developer a donation. I know this is a not a support form but it is not clear to me how to export a group of fragments to a single video file.

You are welcome. I am glad it worked. I run a G1W with one of the DOD firmwares flashed to it so figured it should be about the same
it is not clear to me how to export a group of fragments to a single video file.
Once in Registrator Viewer

1.Make sure all the files you want to put together are in your file list.
2 right click in the file list and left click group with. New window pops up
3 Click the check boxes of the files you wish to group
4 Click group
5 Now in the file list there will be something that says the file name of the first video with the number of clips grouped in brackets like 1023142150(4)
6 right click on that
7 left click save whole group
8 a new box comes up here you can strip the audio or GPS information by unticking the boxes.
9 Check the destation and file name so you know where it will end up and then click start.

Back