Ok so I fixed the power loop issue

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front A119 , Rear A119S v1
I replaced the power cord and now the 119S does not power loop, instead the screen flickers and says memory card needs formatting. I tried it with Kingston 64GB and it still throws the error message format needed or something to that effect.

So in my wisdom, I removed the Kingston 64GB from the A119 front camera and put it inside the A119s, still does not work. Is the A119S memory card criteria different to the A119 mem card criteria?

I did also do a firmware upgrade.

Are you powering the A119S directly or through a GPS mount? You have a V1 model correct? If powering through the GPS, try powering directly as some V1 users had a memory card issue when powering through the GPS.

Are you powering the A119S directly or through a GPS mount? You have a V1 model correct? If powering through the GPS, try powering directly as some V1 users had a memory card issue when powering through the GPS.

I dont have GPS .Yes, V1 A119s Top half of the lcd flckers with horizontal lines sometimes.

How does one get a replacement from Viofo?

Cheers

Did this issue start right after the firmware update? Did you manually default the cameras settings after the update?

Also, how are you powering the camera?

Did this issue start right after the firmware update? Did you manually default the cameras settings after the update?

Also, how are you powering the camera?

No, the issue did not occur after firmware update. Memory error blue screen occurs after power on now . Before that issue was with power looping, rebooting on and off, I replaced power cord and this issue went away. I didnt get much time to use the camera since I have had it, even though it was bought 5 months ago from Adorama, the first one had a capacitor issue which they replaced under the 30 day refund return policy. If memory serves me correctly the replacement power cycled all the time, I assume it was the power cord, I replaced it and also changed the source to another know working source ( A119 source ) source of power to no avail.
Now the top half of the screen has horizontal lines and flickers and comes with memory error message on blue screen and beeps. This model is nightmare from the get go for me. Big mistake I made for buying this.

Hopefully the manufacturer will step up to the plate and help me out.

My original A119 is still working fine, I think its over 1 year old now. Bought from CaptureYourAction.

what power supply are you using?

Since the its best to check and verify the cam is working prior to hardwiring ( learned the hard way ) I use the USB plug it came with into a rear 12v socket on my truck.

However, I also, ran the cable to the front 12v source and same issue.

Since the its best to check and verify the cam is working prior to hardwiring ( learned the hard way ) I use the USB plug it came with into a rear 12v socket on my truck.

However, I also, ran the cable to the front 12v source and same issue.

same USB plug used each time?

The included car USB adapter does not work well in certain cars 12v ports. It can cause the cam to restart and/or the screen to flicker. Could cause the issue you were having.

they're both the same type of USB power supply though?

Yeah of which the A119 works with but the A119S v1 doesnt. Same with mem cards. Whats the problem? I think Viofo needs to recall this device and do right for the owners of the ill fated V1 A199s which in reality was a massive failure. Dont you agree?

I appreciate your help.

if you have a problem with your unit then yes it should be replaced, there's no need to recall them as the amount of faulty units out of the volume they had shipped is quite small

if you have a problem with your unit then yes it should be replaced, there's no need to recall them as the amount of faulty units out of the volume they had shipped is quite small

is that what the official Viofo statement reads? ;-)

Would you be kind enough to guide me on how to go about getting this unit replaced? thanks.

is that what the official Viofo statement reads? ;-)

I've seen no official statement, if you have a faulty unit then it should be replaced (my opinion, not a statement), suggesting they should recall thousands of them due to a small percentage that have had issues is ridiculous to say the least, yes it's annoying for anyone affected but sorting those affected should be the priority, depending on where you purchased it from sometimes it's just a matter of contacting the seller to get the process underway

I've seen no official statement, if you have a faulty unit then it should be replaced (my opinion, not a statement), suggesting they should recall thousands of them due to a small percentage that have had issues is ridiculous to say the least, yes it's annoying for anyone affected but sorting those affected should be the priority, depending on where you purchased it from sometimes it's just a matter of contacting the seller to get the process underway

Ive always read and trusted your opinion jokiin. But please, be honest its not really a small percantage of A119S V1 users, is it?

Back