OK to disconnect USB Powerbank without pressing the OFF button on the cam?

LMJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo (not installed yet)
Seems like it would be as the 3 wire would also cut off spontaneously but not sure.

BTW Im using a 26800 MaH powerbank running low bit rate and I can say it will last about 24 hours which is sort of a disappointment IMO. I expected less power consumption from the cam. How does low bit rate exactly work? Every minute is recorded?

Yes, no problem.

Turn the wifi off and enable the screensaver to save some power, a 20,000 mAh powerbank should last 24 hours plus.

Yes, no problem.

Turn the wifi off and enable the screensaver to save some power, a 20,000 mAh powerbank should last 24 hours plus.
The WIFI is already turned off and SS already enabled. I get about 24 hours. Does parking on a busy street have an impact? I thought low bit rate means its recording connstanly anyway so why would activity impact it (if indeed it does)?

Great question. I'm not. But its new. RAVPower 26800 mAh. I'm aware that for smartphone charging it would really mean 2/3x26,800. Not sure how dash cam is affected.

I got more than 24h on my Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 mA.
To answer your first question, it's OK for the camera to have the power cut off suddenly, no problem. The built-in super capacitors are there to give enough power for the camera to flush the buffer to card and close the current video files properly.

Last edited:
Great question. I'm not. But its new. RAVPower 26800 mAh. I'm aware that for smartphone charging it would really mean 2/3x26,800. Not sure how dash cam is affected.

I have noticed with some powerbanks that they take a few charge cycles before they give full capacity, not familiar with your model

I use 2 RAVPower 26.8Ah power banks in a car since 2016, no complains so far.

Back