Old F770 Firmware UK

A13x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any download links for old thinkware firmware for f770 which is not the latest uk version? thinkware are doing the sd card blocking again

You say 'the latest' version but that was released over a year and a half ago so if the whole "Thinkware block SD card makes/manufacturers" is actually a thing and not just a myth they certainly haven't been blocking anything since January 2018. If you have issues witha 64gb+ sized SD card in the camera, have you tried the suggestion in the other topic? Someone mentioned on a previous page they were able to fix their issues with the camera not liking their large SD card by creating a small amount of empty space at the start of the card's partition table and it supposedly worked perfectly after that. Only problem is no one's been able to confirm if that was a fluke or not and that poster hasn't been back to elaborate.

If you can't be bothered to help us determine if that's the fix or not though, I found these firmwares still available:

Those are the only versions I can find, links comes from Thinkware.com so they're legit. They don't appear to have a version .05 or .04 if you were wondering, not that I could find anyway. Note they're all for the UK version. Other regions are there too if anyone else is interested, the region code is the number before the version in the filename (f770_0_1.00.08.zip is the USA version).

Thanks for the links and yeah downgrading firmware allows you to use other branded cards without any issues

I found and posted those links nearly 2 years ago, they worked at the time. If they don't now you'll have to complain to Thinkware for moving/deleting the files.

With firmware v1 .00.09 Europe the Samsung SD Evo Plus 256GB card works very well on the Thinkware F770
I have 2 cards and both are working perfectly
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/B06XFS5657

Is it using the entire card? I've tried a Samsung 64gb card and it ran fine but started with the "insufficient memory in event folder" song fairly soon and when i checked the card in my pc it had only recorded up to 32gb mark.

yes 60% of the card in continuous recording mode, 20% incident, 10% manual recording

Back