Old people being old people I guess

shiffles

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A118C; Mini 0805 (x2); G1W-C

Audio replaced because I sound like a dork when I swear at people

I don't mind cutting old people some slack. At least they have a reason for being slow and generally less sharp.

There are plenty of able bodied dirt bags for me to vent my anger on. Too many.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

Audio replaced because I sound like a dork when I swear at people
Nice choice of music - appropriate.

I don't mind cutting old people some slack. At least they have a reason for being slow and generally less sharp....
Not only that but someday you'll be one of them. Do unto others....

They are probably near blind and cant see the lights properly, and may not care too much about their life any more. :eek:

My friends +90 YO father, that should have lost his license long ago, and now is lying a bed and needing help for most things still think he will drive again so no way in hell his car should be sold or at least the plates taken off it.

His current car a Skoda estate look like a 20 year old bumper car, and it have already have several trips to the body shop for broken this and that, and BTW its not him that have made those dents, they just appear out of the thin blue air.

My dad's eyesight was poor, and worst at night. I asked how he drove around at night. He said he followed others. There was always another car to follow. :eek:

My father is almost 80, he's a veteran of war and retired many years ago due to his injuries but he's still very active and still runs his business. As a result of one of his injuries he has a degenerative eye disease that he managed to control over the years, but has reached a point where he couldn't pass the eyesight exam necessary to renew his driver's license.
So 3 years ago he quit driving and bought an electric scooter, which falls into the same category as bicycles (no license needed), and has been riding ever since without any limitations caused by his disease. Riding a relatively slow 2-wheeled vehicle requires much more attention to the surroundings than driving a car but he has managed to do it because his condition doesn't limit him in any way. I believe he could still have his driving licence renewed if the exam was made to assess the true limitations of a driver instead of a simple normalized test.

Back