Omnivision Nyxel sensors

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
I've just been looking into an upgrade for my home CCTV and saw reference to these new OmniVision Nyxel sensors.

The marketing sounds great but not sure how much different they'll be to say the Sony StarVis range in practice.

I noticed the A119 Pro is using a 5Mp Aptina AR0521 - maybe at some point the SDKs will support these OmniVision Nyxel sensors too?

There's more info here:

http://www.ovt.com/purecel-pixel-tech/nyxel-technolog

And then info on the 5Mp sensor here:
http://www.ovt.com/sensors/OS05A20

Last edited:
Thank god image sensors are not used in bitcoin mining :)
So...cost of image sensors are not went high sky like cost of graphic cards for example.
I am looking to buy a new graphic card for my PC ( its not urgent ), NVidia Ge Force if possible,but I cant find any of those in shops in my town, bitcoin miners bought them all, and not to mention when demand goes high,price is following.

Thank god image sensors are not used in bitcoin mining :)
That's an expensive hobby - my electricity company love me as I spend around $500 a month with them due to mining :)

there are some new sensors coming and the performance is better than previous generation products
I guess there's always something better around the corner - that 4k Sony IMX226 in Pizdy's videos from the Dahua CCTV looks like it takes some great footage.

Not sure if we'd ever see that in dashcams but I'm tempted to upgrade my home CCTV with similar (another incident last night!)

As has been said many times the best dashcam is the one that's in your car working :)

I am waiting for AMD at least to do bundles with a CPU and GFX card to prevent miners from picking up all the GFX cards and bump the prize.

A 8 core Ryzen 7 or threadripper CPU and a RX Vega 56 or 64 will do me just fine, im just not sure my current PSU have enough outputs to power such GFX card abd it is just a 600 W one so will probably need a new one anyway, but thank god the PSU are not the most expensive component in a build.

I am not updating my cctv, just got a new NVR as the old one died last year, but the new one cant handle 4K
BUT ! i would like to get a new PTZ camera with one of the new sensors in it, cuz the new PIR light we got in the back yard are helluva bright and so i could get color footage when it turn on.
Actually i would like 2 of those PTZ cameras as i would like one for the street side too, but that one better be a little mini or micro PTZ as its far more exposed, my football sized camera on the balcony no one ever mentioned.

Back