Onboard Video Storage

What are the specific requirements for "video monitoring" here? That needs to be covered in a legal manner, and the average dashcam may not meet some security requirements that might be involved.

The newer and newest Blackvue and Thinkware cams offer connectivity options both ways (not in the same cam) so either LTE/cellular or a hotspot can be used. The methods for some cams will require DIY and added devices, but the latest Blackvue DR900X looks like it has everything integrated already (you may have to add the LTE module, plug-and-play) LINK Several folks have made systems to do the job via hotspot/mifi devices with older cameras, not too hard to DIY most of the time and initial costs may be lower.

While you're checking out the DR900X let me do some digging on the other stuff. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark those threads or info on commercial cams but regardless we can surely get you set up for a lot less than $5K as long as we can meet legal specifics regards cam security and such.

Phil
Thanks for your help with this, Phil. We did end up finding a solution based on the feedback and suggestions I received through this post.

Back