Once while, camera won't turn on

tonytoronto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,
I've been using 119S for about month and half, and it's great camera with one annoying issue; a few times a week, it will not automatically start (power on). The camera has power, hitting power button starts and runs with no issues. I tried the boot delay to 10 seconds and still happens. Camera is hard wired and i'm almost 100% sure the problem not USB power issue. I had that USB kit on my other car with another camera and not once failed to start. To make sure used VIOFO supplied USB and happened too.
Any ideas what could be issue? Running Mod firmware, but happened with VIOFO firmware too. Time not reseting, no problems with SD card that i can tell.

Thanks

when you start the car try key on to accessories, count to 3, then crank it, see if you still get the same issue

if a small delay between power on and starting sees it working ok will help to diagnose the problem

I will try that. Odd can happen or not for no apparent reason.

I have the same problem with my hard-wired A119S. Sometimes I have to disconnect the power and plug it back in. Other times (after repowering), it tells me that the card is bad but, if I power it off, take the card out and put it back, it works fine. It's completely random for me also but it's a minor annoyance.

well, happened again. drove to grocery store, came back 30 minutes later, turn ignition on, waited a few seconds, start car and nothing. Drove for a few minutes and never turned on. Press power button and starts no problem. So, power there, battery not low, starting think something with camera itself. I get no errors on screen and works fine after once it powers up. USB going to GPS unit.

Not right now, i did use it for a few days and happened too.

try the delay startup when using the correct power supply and see if you still have problems

what memory card are you using?

10 sec delay, USB that came in the box, still happened. SanDisk Ultra 64Gb

just to clarify, by startup delay I mean waiting between key on and starting the car, not the delay setting in the menu

that i didn't try with VIOFO power adapter. curiosity, what would be diferent by waiting few seconds? hardwire USB powers up moment ignition switch goes to accessory, camera gets power and should power up. It does that 8-9 times out of 10.
Capacitors in camera should charge in less second to acceptable level, when key goes to crank position (momentarly loosing power) should still be powered and keep camera going, right? i notice, when it doesn't turn on, i didnt even crank it, just leaving key on ignition will not make it turn on, it's like not seing that power on.
I have AudioVox camera on wife's car and not once failed to start, drove that car whole summer. Has capacitors, no battery. USB hardwire adapter was on that car before.

Last edited:
that i didn't try with VIOFO power adapter. curiosity, what would be diferent by waiting few seconds? hardwire USB powers up moment ignition switch goes to accessory, camera gets power and should power up. It does that 8-9 times out of 10.
Capacitors in camera should charge in miliseconds, when key goes to crank position (momentarly loosing power) should still be powered and keep camera going, right? i notice, when it doesn't turn on, i didnt even crank it, just leaving key on ignition will not make it turn on, it's like not seing that power on.
I have AudioVox camera on wife's car and not once failed to start, drove that car whole summer. Has capacitors, no battery. USB hardwire adapter was on that car before.

try with their power supply, the break between power on and cranking is to determine if there is a problem or not, if just key on and it still doesn't power on would be an issue but that may be your hardwire power supply, some testing helps to determine where the problem is, capacitors don't charge in milliseconds but that doesn't sound like the issue you have anyway

Ok, for dianostics purpose i'll try that. You right, takes a few seconds for them to charge, but they go to 50% or so in no time.

Ok, for dianostics purpose i'll try that. You right, takes a few seconds for them to charge, but they go to 50% or so in no time.

capacitors take about 60 seconds or so to charge, I don't believe your issue is anything to do with discharged capacitors though, they typically hold charge for quite a long time

hi everyone, i was away for a week, finally got to try a few more things.
I updated the firmware again, reset to defaults, cleaned contacts on GPS and tried to clean USB contacts, and has only happened once in 2 weeks.
I contacted seller and he agreed to exchange it if continues. Let's see what happens.

thanks

Hey, same happens to my camera. It’s probably 1 out of 10 times it won’t turn on with the car so I have to manually turn it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back