One dashcam in the front and One in rear independent of each other

Gagge89

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 V2, Mini 0806S
Hello to all,
I'm looking for 2 independent dashcams between them (so NOT a DUAL system)

One I try to position on the front glass with the following features:
- $ 125 budget
- 1080p (30 or 60 fps)
- CAPACITOR (NO BATTERY)
- good visibility at night (no flames, not to be disturbed by the lights of lanterns or lanterns, and LIGHTING THE TARGETS)
- It has the parking mode function (feeding it separately and going into recording mode when booting the machine)
- Have the G-sensor in case of collision save the video in a protected folder so that the data is not overwritten

Optional:
- have the AV-Out output to see what it takes on the 2 DIN car stereo.
- I have GPS

The most similar model to my requests is the VIFIO A119S and what I am looking for is one of the same size and shape

The 2nd dashcam I am looking for is small size (of dashcam style MINI08xx or MINI09xx) and would be placed on the rear glass and should have the same above:

- $ 65 budget
- 1080p (30 or 60 fps)
- CAPACITOR (NO BATTERY)
- Good visibility at night (no greens, not to be bothered by the light of lanterns or lanterns and LIGHTING THE TARGETS) so I can adjust well in case of night parking.
- It has the parking mode function (feeding it separately and going into recording mode when booting the machine)
- Have the G-sensor in case of collision save the video in a protected folder so that the data is not overwritten

Optional:
- I have GPS
One that I saw that I like is the MINI0906 only that is too expensive and then being a Dual model I would not use it because for the front I would punch on the above mentioned model or on an equivalent.

Do you know if the model I have chosen for the front is valid and has all the things I need? Alternatively, what do you suggest about that budget ($ 125)?

Do you know a pattern for the back that meets all of my requirements?

Thanks to everyone in advance :)

Last edited:
Well GPS in the dashcams are not for navigation but just for logging the speeds and route you have driven.

Regarding parking mode you need to hardwired the camera so the camera know when motor are on and when it is parked with motor off, at least i think that's how the A119S work
Regarding G-sensor you will find it hard to find a setting for it where your driving and the Italian roads dont trigger a event recording.
I tried to use it once, but i gave up, and besides the camera record all the time while driving anyway so it will not miss a event, and small events you can always lock by pressing the event button.

The mobius are a okay rear camera but i an not sure if you can get one for that price ( be aware of fake mobius cameras )

Blooming on lights at night are not uncommon unless you are very strict in cleaning your windscreen inside and out and do so often.

Sorry.. the "I have gps" is an error, i want say : "as optional HAVE the GPS".

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

here's my current setup: I have the A119 up front and a SGZC12RC for the rear both powered through a battery discharge prevention device (multi safer BDP).

be aware that even though the A119 advertises "parking mode" in the current firmware, it is not pre-buffered and that may allow a vehicle to travel 1/2 way through the frame before it starts to record. having said that, it's all I need for my uses and this camera is fantastic.

the SGZC12RC has true pre-buffered motion detection so it's more reliable at catching objects when you're parked. it's been very reliable although I have to say that it's not cheap and the image quality, while good is now surpassed by many current cameras that may be much less expensive.

Well GPS in the dashcams are not for navigation but just for logging the speeds and route you have driven.

Regarding parking mode you need to hardwired the camera so the camera know when motor are on and when it is parked with motor off, at least i think that's how the A119S work
Regarding G-sensor you will find it hard to find a setting for it where your driving and the Italian roads dont trigger a event recording.
I tried to use it once, but i gave up, and besides the camera record all the time while driving anyway so it will not miss a event, and small events you can always lock by pressing the event button.

The mobius are a okay rear camera but i an not sure if you can get one for that price ( be aware of fake mobius cameras )

Blooming on lights at night are not uncommon unless you are very strict in cleaning your windscreen inside and out and do so often.

Sorry for my mistake; the "I have gps" is wrong, i wanted to say : "as optional : - HAVE the GPS", and i put it as optional because it can print the position, but for me it is not essential :)

So, yes to have the parking mode i'll hardwired the camera with something like this (https://www.amazon.it/gp/B01EW007ME ) that have the ACC and +12V for using the parking mode; only i don't know if the parking mode of A119S is well or not.

For the G-Sensor, you are right to say that in riding the g-sensor (specially in Italy) is pratically useless to cause too many holes on the roads, but it becomes useful if parking and one maneuvering hit the vehicle and the g-sensor records the vehicle and, if enabled save automatically the video in a protected folder on which it can not overwrite ( just that I do not know if the A119S has this option; for example, that of my father the GOLUK T1 has only one that has a sensor that at night struggles a bit compared to the A119S).

On the reflexes, however, you are right on the cleaning, but some videos make some nights of effort (though they have the IMX322 or IMX323 sensor) to focus even close because of the intensity of the car headlights in front or of lampposts that it creates odes that prevent you from reading a plate or something else. Do you know some mini-room behind (because in the front I think I've decided on the A119S unless someone finds me a worthy competitor) that does not really endure this light issue?

Uhm...mobius i don't see it.. i'll search it. Would you not recommend the MINI series instead?

be aware that even though the A119 advertises "parking mode" in the current firmware, it is not pre-buffered and that may allow a vehicle to travel 1/2 way through the frame before it starts to record. having said that, it's all I need for my uses and this camera is fantastic.
Ah ..... I did not think so ... I thought the A119S was always powered and at the time it showed movement immediately registered. Spends so long since it shows when it starts to record? Have you ever tried? Are the videos that are genre in parking mode remain in a folder that can not be overwritten or do they end up with those in the LOOP folder?

the SGZC12RC has true pre-buffered motion detection so it's more reliable at catching objects when you're parked. it's been very reliable although I have to say that it's not cheap and the image quality, while good is now surpassed by many current cameras that may be much less expensive.

You say : "is now surpassed by many current cameras that may be much less expensive" ...some example?
I put it on the rear glass (or anyway near the glass) I can not even put it too big. If you can also advise me some models I thank you; rather a few models, as I was saying to the other member of the forum who registers well at night with the headlamps, because if in the car park I have the car headlights behind it and it shows me a very bright light because of the headlights becomes useless because I would never read the license plate :)

Thanks

Last edited:
I would say get the A119s for both, front and rear

I would say get the A119s for both, front and rear
Uhm...but for the rear is too big the A119S? Because i'm searching a camera of little dimensions.. don't you think?

I see what you mean, as the mini 08** and 09** are very small, but do they have as many good features?

Eh...infact i don't know :( i ask for this reason if someone know other similar models but with more performances and features :)

Back