One of a kind Xiaomi YI virtual tour experience

Pavle

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Hah, the headline sounds so self-promotin, and I guess it is.

Xiaomi-Yi-Virtual-tour.jpg
Anyway, today I was in my ass-kicking mode and created quite interacive page for Xiaomi YI, which includes 360 degrees product spin, interactive buttons clicking ,etc.

This page contains an ultimate guide that will teach you all features of Xiaomi YI. Its interactive, fun and it loads a bit slow :p

Check it out http://sjcamguides.com/virtual-tour-xiaomi-yi/

I really would like to hear your feedback.

Some of the reviews we see here on DCT come across like paid infomercials that are basically intended to sell cameras and provide videos, photos and vendor supplied graphics but tell me little about using the actual device. In contrast, I find that your reviews and guides @Pavle give me a thorough education in every aspect of how a camera works and functions and I find that very valuable. You also do it in an entertaining way which makes the whole experience enjoyable. This virtual tour is just another example.

Thanks a lot @jokiin and @Batto271 , appreciate it.
@Dashmellow I really appreciate your kind words. This kind of comments keep me going. There are tons of guys here who do great job on both action and dashcameras.
It should be mentioned that the idea for this tour was born long time ago, but only after seeing how great it looks on Dan's JooVoo X page, have I decided to create it. I hope it will help newbies especially.
If you guys have any ideas how to improve it, or you spot an error, just let me know.
Page loads a bit slower due to interactive css and javascripts, but I hope it provides good value that is worth waiting few extra seconds.

I made a mistake by adding 3 images as one for interactive app part, that is why it will look to tiny on mobile devices. Also 360 product rotations seams to be slowing down the page quite a bit on mobile, working on fixing that at least. Editing app photo will take forever, so I will leave it as is unfortunately.

I will also make this tour for few more cameras, probably ones in high demand such as sj4000, so if you have suggestions which cameras should have such tour, let me know.

Good job ! But the YiCam app has been updated for many many times already.

Thanks @luckylz the one featured here is the latest 2.0, or is there any other version I am not aware of? I think they will not add as many features in future, they have done everything possible with current hardware, my opinion is that upcoming updates will be only fw fix and bug fixes, I do not expect ground-braking features.

sorry, I always use the iOS version. my misunderstand.

Back