Ongoing recording for Dash Cam

HJone111

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Does anyone have a brand they would recommend which allows for ongoing recording not looped recording within the UK?
I am happy to buy on amazon.

I would like to be able to have a playback function of 1 hour.

Or has anyone uploaded their own videos to a dash cam before?

Thanks

There's a max file size of 4GB and all cameras I can think of will break files at that point regardless if you choose a loop time of "infinite" versus 1min, 2min etc.

Get a big memory card to store more than 1h of footage, but you will have to clip them together using video editing software if you want one single file.

Hi

Does anyone have a brand they would recommend which allows for ongoing recording not looped recording within the UK?
I am happy to buy on amazon.

I would like to be able to have a playback function of 1 hour.

Or has anyone uploaded their own videos to a dash cam before?
AC repair in Round Rock
Thanks
I was wondering if there are any practical solutions, besides installing a residential NVR in a vehicle for 24.7 continuous recording in a vehicle? This system would be in addition to a Dashcam. I want to have a backup in my vehicle for both Dashcam backup and home security backup. I plan to have a battery bank in my vehicle so that I can run at least 2 days.

Any solutions and suggestions are appreciated!

I've thoroughly searched this forum and YouTube and other forums for a solution and the most common response I've read is that dash cams are not the greatest for this use case.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Dash Cam Software / Development 0
Back