only 25fps in MINI 0805 from GearBest

mauzer

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Just got my MINI 0805 from GearBest. But looking at the resolutions in the device menu there are values with 25fps only.
Does GearBest sent me a wrong MINI?

set the refresh rate to 60hz and you should get 30fps options

Thanks. I got your point. Additionally I had switch from PAL to NTSC to get a 30fps. But I live in Europe so I think I should use the PAL...

PAL/NTSC is for the AV output, 50/60Hz is the refresh rate to avoid flicker in the video from incandescent lighting, setting the refresh rate to 50Hz while running 30fps can be problematic so some developers change the frame rate to 25fps when using this mode to avoid problems

The PAL/NTSC settings only matter when you're viewing files directly via a cable through a TV or camera monitor. It doesn't affect viewing on computers or phones.

TBH I'm not sure if it matters with today's digital TV sets; those specs are for analog TV broadcasts which I think have ended pretty much everywhere now.

Phil

Plus no incandescent bulbs nowadays.
I still have few in dimmable areas as dimmable LEDs are still pricey but replaced all others with LEDs and fluorescent. ;)
But streets still have those old heat generators so dashcams can have issue. :)

Dimmers and LED bulbs don't always play together well. You will find combinations that work and combinations that don't even when using the same brand for both components :eek: Old incandescent dimmers will not work with LED's. Perhaps some standardization will occur soon as the technology is spreading like wildfire now that costs are reasonable. Another of my favorite interests ;)

Phil

Back