Oops!

Nextbase Support

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase
Is this a feature to stop spamming? Is there a way of turning it off?

If I go to answer a few posts quickly I start getting these.

1525178945966.png

Last edited:
I think many forums stop replies being added until 30 seconds or 1 minute has passed between hitting the reply button. Only forum admins can disable it.

Understood, thank you :D - To what benefit is that?

It is as you surmised, to stop spam in the main.

Sometimes, the admins will have to block IP addresses as there are "bots" that can cause problems by spamming forums with replies such as:-

"Buy the latest smartphone form us here at smarty-farty-dot-com and save £200 on the bew Samsung and HTC" or something like that, with a shopping list with 50 phones in it!

I often run into that, not too bad when you factor in i type with 2-3 fingers, and the amount of time i spend here.
So glad there are not a onsite timer, that would probably bum me out.
Then again often i am in another window or maybe a game on top of this.

I get a version of the same message all the time, especially while I am composing posts as if there is some background process going on. And I am still getting logged off unexpectedly, also while composing posts. Often I discover that entire posts are lost even after I have hit "save draft" and get a little green confirmation indicator. I'm experiencing other issues as well such as copy and paste anomalies. Sorry to have to say this but all in all I really wish we could go back to the older forum software that ran like a Swiss watch. :(.........and had much better emojis! :)

Last edited:
This just happened. I was viewing a post when all of a sudden I got this notice.

active user.png

I reloaded the page and discovered that I was still logged on, so I decided to go back to the home page.

Suddenly, I got the following notice, which like I mentioned above is a "version" of the OP's "Oops!" notice.

Oops.png

I dont get things like that anymore ( firefox )

Only the MSG when i an too quick in posting threads, and its not like i have to be lighting fast, thats a long done deal for me being that fast.

I reduced the time limit between posts. If there is an uptick in spam, will adjust it back.

The security error seems to be something different...maybe a firefox / xenforo thing.

Thanks, I'm used to counting down & waiting fairly often as well well when I'm answering a lot of posts quickly rapid fire.

have seen it plenty of times also, never worried about it as I know why it was there, don't mind it being shorter though

Just had a mail cuz there was action in a thread i watch, problem is i never watch any threads.
This is the #2 time it have happened to me, this time it was the wide dynamic range thread

# edit. actually it now looks like every single thread i have posted in i am also watching, though thats strange cuz i have just gotten that 1 mail, and i am after all in a few threads and even ones that still see action.

Just had a mail cuz there was action in a thread i watch, problem is i never watch any threads.
This is the #2 time it have happened to me, this time it was the wide dynamic range thread
Same thing here.
# edit. actually it now looks like every single thread i have posted in i am also watching, though thats strange cuz i have just gotten that 1 mail, and i am after all in a few threads and even ones that still see action.
Same thing here.

You might have to "Unwatch" threads at the top of thread.

Yeah i have changed my personal preferences again, not sure how it got enabled my computer have been off the past 10 hours as i have been sleeping.
Before i left the computer i just did the update and turn off as there was a new major update to win 10 in Danish.

I unwatched the threads and it still does the same thing.

Back