OPen source dash cam

ghita

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey, I am new here :) and I need your help.

I just start my project in anti-collision system, and I need an open source Dashcam so I can edit the code and I want the dashcam return videos with codes about the road area, speed and distance with pedestrian if there is a near miss accidents.

Thank you

there is no open source dashcam, someone here previously was toying with the idea of doing something with a Rasberry Pi, that's probably your closest option

Thank you for your answer, But I found EON Dashcam with comma.ai and dride dashcam also, it's mentioned in Github that it's open source but I am not sure if I can edit their algorithm and if it's detected a near miss incident not an accident??

comma runs on smart phones, they do share their code but I thought you were looking for a dashcam, dride isn't in production, their open source one was based on Rasberry Pi, the one they seem to be promoting now looks like it might be Novatek based, if that's the case it won't be open source

Comma have an EON dashcam, I want to buy it but there isn't a lot of information about how to use without openpilot. And Dridre talks in their page web about returning code with data about road area https://dride.io/documentation/adas and i want to make sure how they use it ?

Back