Opening Mini 0806

yawut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0806
I've seen Mtz's instructions on opening the camera, but I've been trying to get it open for more time than I'd like to admit. Can someone offer some guidance on exactly what needs to happen to get the cap off?

I don't have long nails, but not confident that's the problem. What exactly is the 'hook' and does it push down? to the side? Is it attached to the cap or the camera body?

I have a second batch camera. Is disassembly for this the same as what presumably is a first batch model in the instructions?

Images from the original thread:

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

You need to pull the edge of the cap away from the body at the exact point shown, it should then just pop off very easily, may be possible to do it simply by squeezing the cap either side at 90 degrees to the marked point so that the edge at the marked point pushes out away from the body.

If you get it wrong then it is very solidly attached - I couldn't move it until Rayman posted that image for us and then it was really easy. Make sure the base connection is at the right angle.

In fear of breaking something maybe I'm being too sensitive when prying.

If I pull the cap at the point marked 'hook here' it comes away from the body quite a bit. Directly across from that point (180º) it is very tightly connected to the body though.

Maybe you've got the wrong point - slide something similar to a fingernail in at the point marked and then slide it around the cap until it pops off...

It shouldn't need much force, if anything force will help hold it on! The edge does need to move away from the body though.

the cap is much more tight in 2nd batch as some users told it is too easy to take off the cap.
we are in a dilemma o_O

Well, I gave it another shot and got the cap off... turns out there was only one of the four screws installed. Wonder if this lack of support on the inner ring could be attributed to the difficulty in getting it off(?)

The repair, for what it's worth was to fix the up button not responding. I discovered that I could bridge the connection with my finger and the up button would work so I added a bit of solder which solved the problem.

Anyway, now the cover is very loose and slides off pretty easily. It's not ideal, but a bit of electrical tape to hold it all together and it should be fine... at least the button works so I can get into the menu now.

Thanks Nigel and Rayman for your help.

Back