Operating and Storage Temperature Limits for VicoVation Products

tofurkey

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Vico-WF1
Couldn't find a thread for this, and JayTee brought it up in a different thread, so thought I'd start this.

On that point (and I realize I might be getting off topic here), how do others manage their cams in extreme temperatures? I had been removing it from the car when it would hit -30°C (about -22°F) at night here during a recent cold snap, but I left it in last night at -16°C (about 3°F). The WF1 claims a storage range from -20°C to 85°C, and an operating range from 0°C to 75°C, so I let the car warm up a bit before plugging in the cam, and everything seemed to work fine (haven't checked the video yet though).

I park inside overnight, so I always leave my WF1 in the vehicle. But I park outside at work all day, so I have been taking the WF1 inside every day. Temperatures here are often -30 C in the morning (sometimes all day) and typically don't get much above -20 C in Jan/Feb during the day.

For short stops away from the vehicle (1 or 2 hours), I have left it in the cold and so far, no problems.

I'd be interested to know if it is safe to leave the camera in the car all day at those temperatures. If the internal battery dies because of the cold, can you fix it yourself, or does the camera have to be shipped back for repair?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that it's a bit warmer here (last night hit -7°C, night before last -15°C, and tonight should hit -15°C or so) I've been leaving the WF1 in the car. During the day we might have a high of -5°C or so, and so far no problems - but as I mentioned, if it's really cold in the morning I will let the car warm up a bit before I plug in the cam.

Back