Opia II - vicovation vs M6+ - DDpai

thancam

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Dash Cam
too many
raw file: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZyOeWZaoqGXQYNGjjaafxcOqlyJhna9sC7
29450323366_bb5bb212e4_o.jpg

29484705595_3b9722fe89_o.jpg

29404750741_70efcb1dde_o.jpg

29404748521_ddf981be05_o.jpg

The program editor is adobe premiere.
The screenshoots were taken by gomplayer and were uploaded to flick because file size is larger than 2 Mb. I cant upload to this forums.
The rawfiles were untouch and directed upload from sd card.
Lens are clear. The windsheld is pretty clear. :p
My conclusion: The Opia2 is the winner. It's sharper, brighter.

Last edited:
The traffic is insane, not once did i see a moped driver look back before he changed "lane" direction, and then suddenly there is a moped going against traffic.

The traffic is insane, not once did i see a moped driver look back before he changed "lane" direction, and then suddenly there is a moped going against traffic.

looks pretty quiet by Asian road standards actually

I know :rolleyes: it get much worse out there.
Out there ( Singapore ) is the only place where i ever have been scared in traffic, was pretty sure the taxi driver would kill himself and me before we reached the airport.

And i am sure Singapore traffic and drivers is in the elite segment of Asian traffic and drivers.

Asian countries are chaotic when it comes to traffic but you really want to risk your life spend some time in Russia, they take the cake for insanity on the roads, generally the more expensive the car the worse the driving is

Yeah, and the air pollution is terrible. I told my brother to clear the windsheild all the time. But it become dirty very quickly.

Normaly, i usually get a sample video only after it's raining. Because the air is only clean after raining. :)
ha ha ha. Lucky. I work at home now. :D

Normaly, i usually get a sample video only after it's raining. Because the air is only clean after raining. :)
ha ha ha. Lucky. I work at home now. :D

in Shenzhen rain helps but you need the wind blowing the right way as well to get it offshore, don't see blue sky very often at all

I've noticed that in all the Opia II videos/screenshots I've seen, the image always appears a little washed out - like the contrast needs to be adjusted. Does the Opia II have any image adjustment settings in the menu?

No. this is the menu.
And i think DDpai 6M+ has the same wash-out image. It's even more.
Yesterday, I am surpise when i saw the image of both cam. And after that, i think maybe i am too familiar with deeply colour in SG product.

Attachments

• IMG_20160907_040650.jpg
    IMG_20160907_040650.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 16
Thanks. I don't think color saturation is the issue, seem like there is not as much contrast. DDPai looks better to me in this regard. Nothing that post processing can't correct though.

Thanks. I don't think color saturation is the issue, seem like there is not as much contrast. DDPai looks better to me in this regard. Nothing that post processing can't correct though.
Good colour, good saturation only has in Sony sensor. DDpai or Opia is the same with me: too washed out.
I remmber the first time i saw the picture of DDpai and i think: it cant be 1440p, too ugly. :D
Anyway, when you zoom out picture of Opia2, it can display little details. That's the advantage of 1440p. :)

Hello fellow Vietnamese :) I came across your thread while doing some research about the Opia 2. Currently this one is my top priority, but I'm kinda disappointed when I see your night time video. Hardly any number plate was recognizable. Is there any better option out there?

Hello fellow Vietnamese :) I came across your thread while doing some research about the Opia 2. Currently this one is my top priority, but I'm kinda disappointed when I see your night time video. Hardly any number plate was recognizable. Is there any better option out there?

There are no consumer dashcams out there yet that could read numberplates at night, late evening or very cloudy weather, unless both cars moving in the same direction with more less same speed and numberplates are not overexposed by car lights.

@thancam.............. You need a dashboard cover to remove unwanted/unnecessary reflections.

There are no consumer dashcams out there yet that could read numberplates at night, late evening or very cloudy weather, unless both cars moving in the same direction with more less same speed and numberplates are not overexposed by car lights.
Thank you niko. I saw some videos of a no-name dashcam called "K8 Carcam" on YouTube and thought it was quite impressive at capturing number plates (not much so in terms of general image quality though). But apparently it was all because of the ideal conditions you've listed.

Back