Opia2 Availabilty

knapp7

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it my imagination, or is there availability shortage with this camera right now? Every VicoVation outlet I checked lately is out of stock. No one seems to have any available for sale.

Is it my imagination, or is there availability shortage with this camera right now? Every VicoVation outlet I checked lately is out of stock. No one seems to have any available for sale.
Ebay_uk/seller:cardashcamshop_co_uk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TBH I'd be more worried about getting memory for it as I'm not sure it's worth buying any dashcam atm, as it's near impossible to find a high capacity U3 rated card due to a reported world wide NAND shortage.

A cam without a card is like a fire without fuel!

Yep, I know it's rated for Class 10, but I seem to remember reading a post somewhere on here where someone had issues with Class 10 and had to upgrade to U3. Maybe they just had a bad card.

However, given the cost of large capacity cards, I'd personally want to put a U3 card in there from the start. If you're prepared to risk Class 10, then you may find more choice. However, after several days of searching, I found cards in my country very difficult to find as most retailers seem to report them as out of stock, and I really struggled to find any of tested brands in 64GB+ and high speed at anything like reasonable cost if at all.

Last edited:
Did you check Amazon? That's where I got mine, with 2 day shipping as I am a prime member. Vicovation direct I believe. Good luck and enjoy.

TBH I'd be more worried about getting memory for it as I'm not sure it's worth buying any dashcam atm, as it's near impossible to find a high capacity U3 rated card due to a reported world wide NAND shortage.

A cam without a card is like a fire without fuel!

Yep, I know it's rated for Class 10, but I seem to remember reading a post somewhere on here where someone had issues with Class 10 and had to upgrade to U3. Maybe they just had a bad card.

However, given the cost of large capacity cards, I'd personally want to put a U3 card in there from the start. If you're prepared to risk Class 10, then you may find more choice. However, after several days of searching, I found cards in my country very difficult to find as most retailers seem to report them as out of stock, and I really struggled to find any of tested brands in 64GB+ and high speed at anything like reasonable cost if at all.

I was one of the guys who went to the U3. Has been a way better experience IMO. I'm actually considering going to Transcend 128GB MLC card as I am missing morning footage on my driving. But B and H electronics wants $123.00 + tax + S and H. Thats the only one I can find at the moment.

Yeah I'm struggling to find any and what few there are sky high in price - between £80-250 for 128gb!

As I said above, there's little point in buying a camera if you can't find a card for it.

Strange. Jay from vico still offered me to buy opia2 yesterday :) i wonder if i say yes, what's happen ? :D

I was one of the guys who went to the U3. Has been a way better experience IMO. I'm actually considering going to Transcend 128GB MLC card as I am missing morning footage on my driving. But B and H electronics wants $123.00 + tax + S and H. Thats the only one I can find at the moment.

Slight thread hijack, what did the included card perform like?

Yeah sorry. I just wanted to reply so people knew it was me. Got rid of pixelation and blurriness. Was actually like night and day between the 2 cards. No clue as to why.

Ok Thanks. Sounds a little bit as if the data rate was being throttled to accommodate the slower card, but I've never heard of a codec doing that. Either way, I thought I'd ask as I suddenly discovered that the Opia 2 package comes with a 64GB card class 10 included, which was something I didn't know previously.

Back