Opinions Needed - 750S vs F800 Pro

BARDUKE

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm about ready to decide on the dashcam setup I want to go for but have a few ?s about these 2 models. ANY input on any of the points below would be greatly appreciated.

DR750S

- I like that it has cloud features. I plan to connect it to 3 different networks (home, work, and wife's work) so I can see a live feed and receive impact alerts. Anyone that uses this have any feedback on if it's actually useful?

- It seems YT vids show that the night vision is grainy. Is this still the case with updated firmware?

- Is the 60fps a noticeable upgrade, or is 30fps "good enough"? I saw a review say that 30fps is preferable at night...

F800 Pro

- Are the ADAS features actually useful and do you use them?

- Can you turn off certain ADAS features (lane departure, car in front of you starts moving) and keep other ones (crash detection)?

- I really like that the parking mode in the F800 Pro can be controlled by the camera itself and doesn't require an external device (ie. Power Magic Pro for the DR750S). I like that you can set it above a 12v (PMP highest setting) cutoff to like 12.3v to protect the battery better. Also, I like that the camera uses less power in parking mode. I don't really require a timelapse mode or motion detection, but if the camera runs a 1/3 the power, it's not a bad thing to have. If I got the 750, I think I would turn motion detection off and record only impacts.

tl;dr - the things that are keeping me from deciding between the 2 cameras are (DR750S) cloud features, 60fps, night recording quality VS (F800 Pro) parking mode, no extra device for parking mode, and ADAS features.

I chose 750s because it’s better compatibility with 3rd party microSD cards. And also wanted something smaller on the windshield.

I also like 750 more, he has fewer problems and more secretive

I remembered one more thing - Thinkware abandoned one uear old generation and released same hw with newer software fw/features. I prefer the rather good support from Blackvue.

If cloud / live view access is a priority for you, go with the 750.

Thinkware never implemented any cloud functionality. All you can do is see where the camera is on the map (when that works).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

However, if you want a reliable rear camera that doesn't disconnect for no known reason, go for the F800 (it pains me to say this as I do love the Blackvue product).

Is this information based on testing multiple pieces of each camera or only one experience with one piece of from one manufacturer?

Also cloud features on blackvue got more annoying. Now on the free plans you have to watch a 15s ad before viewing your live view or cloud video.

Basically makes it much more annoying to quickly check something. Or imagine getting a cloud alert that your car was hit and then having to watch a 15s ad to find out if it was real?

Also cloud features on blackvue got more annoying. Now on the free plans you have to watch a 15s ad before viewing your live view or cloud video.

Basically makes it much more troubling because i use it a lot to quickly check that my rear cam is working (given all the problems i've had with it).

Ooof. That seems like a hassle! Looks like I’m going with the F800!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically makes it much more annoying to quickly check something. Or imagine getting a cloud alert that your car was hit and then having to watch a 15s ad to find out if it was real?
I’ve posted a solution for Windows and Android users. (at least for now) ;) iOS is, unfortunately, closed ecosystem, so only Jailbreak is the way(which is a little bit overkill).

Last edited:
That's a really good question.:ROFLMAO:
Why say 'I've posted' without a link or at least a clue.o_O

your software does not work sir, it stays at "loading"... then tells me my camera disconnected from the cloud

The "solution" was in the form of advice what you have to block via firewall(or VPN/Proxy). (i'm successfully using this solution for BlackvueViewer for Windows) Or which folder you can try to block by changing permisions (you need rooted Android / not tested by me).

Then i tried more "native" solution for Android users by edit the app but wasn't able to test it (didn't have Android device at that moment). There wasn't any feedback so i've tested the app later and found out the app runs into dificulties due to Google API. Therefore i've removed the link and leave the message "Dang it, mission failed :cry: we'll get em next time." so you shouldn't be able to download it but unfortunately one user has quoted me...

I don't have time for this now but definitely will try it again. ;)

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dashcam Adelaide DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 3