Opinions Needed - DR750S vs F800 Pro

BARDUKE

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm about ready to decide on the dashcam setup I want to go for but have a few ?s about these 2 models. ANY input on any of the points below would be greatly appreciated.

DR750S

- I like that it has cloud features. I plan to connect it to 3 different networks (home, work, and wife's work) so I can see a live feed and receive impact alerts. Anyone that uses this have any feedback on if it's actually useful?

- It seems YT vids show that the night vision is grainy. Is this still the case with updated firmware?

- Is the 60fps a noticeable upgrade, or is 30fps "good enough"? I saw a review say that 30fps is preferable at night...

F800 Pro

- Are the ADAS features actually useful and do you use them?

- Can you turn off certain ADAS features (lane departure, car in front of you starts moving) and keep other ones (crash detection)?

- I really like that the parking mode in the F800 Pro can be controlled by the camera itself and doesn't require an external device (ie. Power Magic Pro for the DR750S). I like that you can set it above a 12v (PMP highest setting) cutoff to like 12.3v to protect the battery better. Also, I like that the camera uses less power in parking mode. I don't really require a timelapse mode or motion detection, but if the camera runs a 1/3 the power, it's not a bad thing to have. If I got the 750, I think I would turn motion detection off and record only impacts.

tl;dr - the things that are keeping me from deciding between the 2 cameras are (DR750S) cloud features, 60fps, night recording quality VS (F800 Pro) parking mode, no extra device for parking mode, and ADAS features.

DR750S
- I like that it has cloud features. I plan to connect it to 3 different networks (home, work, and wife's work) so I can see a live feed and receive impact alerts. Anyone that uses this have any feedback on if it's actually useful?
I personally don't see it being that useful. These things sound cool when shopping for a cam, but how often will you use them when the "new wears off?"
- Is the 60fps a noticeable upgrade, or is 30fps "good enough"? I saw a review say that 30fps is preferable at night...
I do not see how 30fps would be preferable at night, that doesn't really make sense to me. 60fps is definitely noticeable, but probably not a deal breaker for most people.

F800 Pro
- Are the ADAS features actually useful and do you use them?
Never used them, but my vehicle already has those features.
- Can you turn off certain ADAS features (lane departure, car in front of you starts moving) and keep other ones (crash detection)?
I would check the manual, you can download it from their website.
- I really like that the parking mode in the F800 Pro can be controlled by the camera itself and doesn't require an external device (ie. Power Magic Pro for the DR750S). I like that you can set it above a 12v (PMP highest setting) cutoff to like 12.3v to protect the battery better. Also, I like that the camera uses less power in parking mode. I don't really require a timelapse mode or motion detection, but if the camera runs a 1/3 the power, it's not a bad thing to have. If I got the 750, I think I would turn motion detection off and record only impacts.

tl;dr - the things that are keeping me from deciding between the 2 cameras are (DR750S) cloud features, 60fps, night recording quality VS (F800 Pro) parking mode, no extra device for parking mode, and ADAS features.
That is what sold me on the F800 Pro. Cleaner install without the extra device, and one less thing to malfunction.

Remember, a Dash Cam is primarily to show the insurance company and/or the authorities who was/wasn't at fault in an accident. It just needs to be reliable, and always recording. Don't agonize over the decision, any Dash Cam is better than none!

Last edited:
I went with the F800 mainly for the parking mode features and sensor. The cloud recording never really excites me.

I went with the F800 mainly for the parking mode features and sensor. The cloud recording never really excites me.
I also think I'm going for the F800 Pro.

NOW the only thing holding me back is the pending release of the QA800 and if it would be worth the upgrade/current F800 price or wait to see if the F800 goes down.

Back