Optimizing my Git2 settings..recommendations?

jay13

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got a memory card for my git2 and going on a hike later to test it out. Memory card is samsung evo select 64gb.

I did some brief clips in my room and the video seemed to be choppy/blurry....not sure how to explain it, but it seemed like unnatural movement..maybe it was my fault and i was jerking the camera around? Gyro was on though.

current settings:

12mp
1080p/60fps

auto shutter speed
ev: +0.0
iso is auto
vivid
contrast is normal
AWB
normal sharpness
frequency is 50hz

What effect does bitrate have?
What effect does frequency have?

Is it becasue im inside? Will it look better once im outside?

Last edited:
Yes, the Git2 likes sunshine :)

You could turn the bitrate up.

Ok, so I just looked at some of the footage and am VERY dissapointed. The colors and picture are pretty good and am satisfied with. However I was just on a hike on some nature trails and the video is very shaky and not barely even watchable.

I Simply held the cam in my hand as I walked and tried to record some of the landscape...it is very shaky with every step I take. This is an action cam but Its very shaky just going on a hike. I go on vacation in a couple of months and want something I can depend on to take good video.

I can confirm these are the settings:

60hz
AWB
EV:+0.0
ISO Auto
ViVid
Contrast: Normal
Gyro: On
WDR: On
Sharpness: Normal
Bitrate: High
G Sensor: Off

Gyro isn't a gimbal, it can correct minor changes but can't work miracles
I Understand that. I am new to these types of cameras but based on videos ive seen of Git2 on youtube, i expected a very different outcome. I am going to try and upload a clip in a bit.

Here is a clip of some of the video:

Like I said. I am new to these kinds of cams so I may not be handling it correctly. I didnt have ny handles or mounts. Just held the Git2 in the waterproof case and mount it was attached to when it shipped. But it also seemed a bit fuzzy at times. :/

I want to get a handheld mount...something similar to this for using in the water:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gopro-t...ffcode=pg174438&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

Also want to get this backpack mount:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/polarpro-strapmount-backpack-mount-black-blue/4248026.p?skuId=4248026

Im hoping using these types of mounts will give better results.

If you guys have any other suggestions on what types of accesories you think would be useful, please let me know.

Last edited:
what's an example of a clip you'd seen that you were comparing it to?

(He was using some type of stick mount..maybe it had a gimbal)

(~1:20)

And I know these have the benefit of being edited but still. Compared to my footage, im just left wondering if something is wrong.

If you guys have any other suggestions on what types of accesories you think would be useful, please let me know.
1) Zhiyun Rider-m does absolutely smooth result in handheld:
2) Dome water\underwater adapter gives interesting result:

Here is a clip of some of the video:

Like I said. I am new to these kinds of cams so I may not be handling it correctly. I didnt have ny handles or mounts. Just held the Git2 in the waterproof case and mount it was attached to when it shipped. But it also seemed a bit fuzzy at times. :/

I want to get a handheld mount...something similar to this for using in the water:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gopro-t...ffcode=pg174438&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

Also want to get this backpack mount:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/polarpro-strapmount-backpack-mount-black-blue/4248026.p?skuId=4248026

Im hoping using these types of mounts will give better results.

I have to ask a perhaps dumb question : Have you uploaded the lastest firmware?
When new to the Git2 I had selected the mode button to turn on the anti-shake and sometimes didn't select it, and a shaky video resulted.
Gitup anti-shake is one of the best.

I have to ask a perhaps dumb question : Have you uploaded the lastest firmware?
When new to the Git2 I had selected the mode button to turn on the anti-shake and sometimes didn't select it, and a shaky video resulted.
Gitup anti-shake is one of the best.
I havent. I believe it has the latest firmware....which is 1.6

Was unable to upload the test footage with my backpack mount. THe footage was better in terms of being shaky, but the low light situation was still there...looks great in direct sunlight but when there is tree cover, it gets a bit fuzzy looking.

How can i better this issue? I notice on youtube videos of git2, some low light vids dont look blurry at all. Maybe Im not using the best settings or they are suing a different camera?

I did notice that there is a 1.6.1 firmware, which i do not think I have...will the image be improved once I update?

What settings would you all suggest for daytime? And For night, or low light?

Will filters help in low light situations?

Any other suggestions you guys use for filming in low light?

Back