Optimum Bit Rates for all resolutions?

Davide Georgio

Reaction score
Country
France
Is there a list of default bitrates for the standard Yi firmware?

Does anyone have suggestions for optimum bit rates for all resolutions? It seems setting 1280x720 to 35mbps is overkill. I suppose if it is VBR the upper bit rate is simply a limit?

Last edited:
...for me 35mbps are the best bitrate for all resolutions. Here a test with bitrate viewer 2304x1296, the peak is up to 42mbps (not at the limit), thats so exactly in other videos with that bitrate...
I say it again and again it is a problem from the speed of your microSD more , use for 2k video reording an UHS3 card.
More data more quickly, i use an UHS3 from sandisk and no problems until yet.

mfg
gente

Attachments

• 35mbits.JPG
    35mbits.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 49
would like to know also. i know it does depend on your footage alot though, if its fast action then 35mbps does make a difference. if it's travelling videos with slow moving pans then i've compared the default (which is around 18 mbps for the 2k resolution) vs 25 mbps vs 35 mbps and it made no difference for me (except for larger file sizes). Which leads to me ask, has anyone tried setting a "range" for VBR?

Say from 18 mbps min to 35 mbps max for 2k, and what the optimal values are.

I use 35mbps for 2.3k, 1920 60fps and 30fps. It's good enough for me.

I don't know why, I can't change the bitrate for 1280p 120fps and 848p 240fps. I tried 35mbps and 18mbps. it stays at the default values which are really low !! (between 3 to 6 mbps)

Does any one succeed to change these bitrates ?

Back