Options for mounting an A129 on the dash

shorttimer

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently purchased an A129 off ebay from Captureyouraction and couldn't be happier with the product. I have an 2018 Subaru Outback with the eyesight and was hoping to attach it to the dash as opposed to the windshield. I have a Mobius on my other vehicle and it uses the tripod mount which is great. is their something similar I can use for the A129? I will be using only the front camera and not the rear.
Thanks

the shape of the A129 is really designed for upper windshield I cant see why you would want to attach it to dash board? it would look odd plus perhaps block vision and be a hazard if its not screwed down to dashboard or glued? but the Bottom of the A129 is rounded... don't see it working well with a dash mount. If it has a rounded Botton it won't sit flush on dash, and if you put it on to some 'contraption' then it will rise too high off the dashboard and will block your vision...put it on windshield the way it was designed. and why would you buy a 2 channel and not use the rear camera? why didn't you just buy the front camera? good luck with your mounting hope it works out for you. try not blocking your vision when mounting on dash and make sure its tied down real tight so it doesn't fly thru the cabin incase of accident good luck

First, the main reason I got the dual camera option was because I had a $25 coupon from eBay which had to be used in 2 days and I also got 10x ebay bucks so it put it right at about the price for a single camera A129.

With all the cameras and such there has been issues mounting most things to the windshield of the new Outbacks. I know 2 people that even when they have mounted a dashcam on othe small area Subaru say should work they intermittantly get the message that eyesight is turned off. I placed it on the dash and it doesn't affect the view at all. I plan to look into it and just might make one if nothing is available. But regardless, thanks for the suggestions. The eyesight with all it's cameras and such is quite complex. They recommend you get the entire system re calibrated if you ever replace the windshield.

this new one mounts low on the windshield just above the dash and it is 360 degrees.

Last edited:
I recently purchased an A129 off ebay from Captureyouraction and couldn't be happier with the product. I have an 2018 Subaru Outback with the eyesight and was hoping to attach it to the dash as opposed to the windshield. I have a Mobius on my other vehicle and it uses the tripod mount which is great. is their something similar I can use for the A129? I will be using only the front camera and not the rear.
Thanks
The A129 has an option to rotate the front camera view 180deg, so you will be able to install it with the screen facing you and it will work nicely. Both the LCD screen and recorded video will be in the correct orientation. The row of function buttons will be at the top of the screen.

You can stick the adhesive mount onto anything flat with an embedded 1/4"tripod mount:
- Cut down a Mobius cradle
- Use a small 'cheese plate'

You may also be able to stick the A129 mount onto one of those mobile phone holders that fixes to your dashboard.

You can stick the adhesive mount onto anything flat with an embedded 1/4"tripod mount:
- Cut down a Mobius cradle
- Use a small 'cheese plate'

There's actually no need to cut down a Mobius cradle to achieve what you are suggesting. Simply pop the tripod thread mount out of the Mobius cradle and stick it to any surface you wish using 3M VHB tape. :)

Did anyone install the A129 on the Subaru with Eyesight ?
I am trying installation on my Outback with Eyesight. The best location seems to be behind the rear-view mirror for the front cam but that mean i need to run the extremely thick rear cam cable near the eyesight cameras. The front cam main cable is not an issue and i am able to push it above the eyesight cam cover. There is no way rear cam cable will fit.

Did anyone install the A129 on the Subaru with Eyesight ?
I am trying installation on my Outback with Eyesight. The best location seems to be behind the rear-view mirror for the front cam but that mean i need to run the extremely thick rear cam cable near the eyesight cameras. The front cam main cable is not an issue and i am able to push it above the eyesight cam cover. There is no way rear cam cable will fit.

I recently installed the A129 on my 2018 Outback with Eyesight. The best place I found for the front camera that would not interfere with the FOV of the Eyesight cameras was directly beside the right side Eyesight camera. This location for the V129 front camera is relatively inconspicuous and Eyesight seems to work normally so far.

I recently installed the A129 on my 2018 Outback with Eyesight. The best place I found for the front camera that would not interfere with the FOV of the Eyesight cameras was directly beside the right side Eyesight camera. This location for the V129 front camera is relatively inconspicuous and Eyesight seems to work normally so far.
I agree that a good spot is beside the right side of eyesight camera. Only concern is that the wipers will not reach there on the right of eyesight camera. This could mean that dash cam will not capture clear videos mainly when its raining.

Back