Ordered A GC From Pier

clanlessaa

Reaction score
Country
United States
Says will be here on Sat. Excited to try it and compare to my Blackvue 500GW.

What's the deal with the SG9665GC not being setup for 12v though? It seems it's mandatory to purchase the converter too if you're using it in a case. Just adds more bulk overall.

Welcome to the club. I think you'll find a marked improvement.

The power input is a miniUSB port which requires 5V. The 12V to 5V conversion happens in the cigarette lighter adapter included in the box. The CELL POWER CPUSB01 is optional for a neater hidden hard wire install. It also frees up your cigarette lighter port in the car.

Are there even any 5v input that supplies enough amps to run the GC in any vehicles? Isn't pretty much everything is 12v in the vehicle? That's my main gripe about this whole thing. It practically forces you to use the converter if you want to hardwire it.

Well with my Blackvue. All I had to do was cut off the cigarette plug and wire it to my rear view mirror harness. Now with the converter, that's extra bulk that I don't really want or know where to hide it just yet. I actually don't think there's an interior fuse panel in my Grand Cherokee. I believe all the fuses are in the engine bay. Will have to dig around and verify that.

I wonder if I the converter will fit inside the black cup cover on my mirror.... Will have to see what it looks like when I get it.

YJSAM86.jpg

45lkQHv.jpg

b0eE9c0.jpg

TlO7lRT.jpg

regarding the cpusb01 for the sg996 - the red wire goes to the red on the add-a-circuit and black to car ground, correct?

Here's a cheaper option for a 12v to 5v converter. It's the one I use for my Mini 0803. Comes with a built-in fuse.

Here's a cheaper option for a 12v to 5v converter. It's the one I use for my Mini 0803. Comes with a built-in fuse.

We sell the same Kit as fox offer, only we add on a fuse tap with it.
However now that we sell the CPUSB01, we will no longer be selling the above hard wire kits once we sell out.
The CPUSB01 has low voltage cut off, which is perfect for any 5V mini USB dash camera. The last thing we want to do is sell a half baked product that can kill our customers vehicle batteries when a better option is out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up my package today. Computer USB isn't enough to keep the unit on. So I had to use the converter attached to a small 12v battery, which worked well.

The manual is very basic. I also don't see any notes on what the "R" button on the right side does.
The "menu" button doesn't do anything.

Pressing it twice doesn't pull up GPS menu like shown in manual. Maybe it needs to establish a signal first. Don't know.

I'm not sure if the FW on this device is correct or not. I don't see a way to check. There's no software included? So I cant go in and change any settings like I would with the Blackvue.

Video seems good though looking around inside the house.

I also didn't like how the sticky pad was attached to the GPS unit already. Can't get access to the screws without damaging the sticky pad. Seems like a waste of stickiness.

I picked up my package today. Computer USB isn't enough to keep the unit on. So I had to use the converter attached to a small 12v battery, which worked well.

The manual is very basic. I also don't see any notes on what the "R" button on the right side does.

Pressing it twice doesn't pull up GPS menu like shown in manual. Maybe it needs to establish a signal first. Don't know.

I'm not sure if the FW on this device is correct or not. I don't see a way to check. There's no software included? So I cant go in and change any settings like I would with the Blackvue.

I also didn't like how the sticky pad was attached to the GPS unit already. Can't get access to the screws without damaging the sticky pad. Seems like a waste of stickiness.

Correct, don't power this camera via low amperage usb ports.

Full Manual is coming soon, being worked on. R is a reset button.

You need to stop the recording before the Menu button will respond. Once the recording is paused, you can press the menu button twice to get to the second layer.

Firmware version is on the second menu page under "Version" The latest batch I sent out was shipped with the original release firmware since a newer version will be ready in a few weeks.

Video should be very good yes :)

Adhesive pad was not attached in last months batch, I'll see what changed at the GPS logger factory (separate from where the camera is made) I'm happy to send you free spare pads, just PM me your address.

When in pause-recording mode, press menu once it will take to 1st layer, press 2nd time it will take to 2nd layer of menu where you can find a FW version.

You can't view any video on the display of the unit?

Back