Ordered / Delivered / Installed A119 V2

Kremmen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x Viofo A119 V3
Surely can't go wrong at this price ? Blackvue want almost that for just a CPL.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07KYBJ89G
All research done so I'll be applying the Mod firmware to optimise daytime footage.

It's due to arrive Wednesday but I won't be swapping out my Nextbase 380 for this until next week.

What would be the best 'mod firmware' from the RK series for daytime clarity ?

Last edited:
Any of the recent releases will fit your need. The 6Rm is my current favourite the 6/7 series has a higher bitrate than the 5 series and below.

The A119 will run hotter using 6/7 but gives best clarity. 5 etc will run cooler.

It is all about if you want clearer footage or want to preserve the life span of the device. Myself I choose to use 6Rm but the choices is totally up to you which one you use but please give the devices firmware a try before you flash any other firmware.

Last edited:
Surely can't go wrong at this price ? Blackvue want almost that for just a CPL.
It does have nothing but 5 star Amazon reviews - can't possibly go wrong with that!
I couldn't find a Blackvue CPL for comparison.

Viofo don't cheat with Amazon reviews, hence there not being very many - give it another once you have tested it out...

No problem review wise. Especially considering todays Which? and Amazon reviews :)

On the mod front, I'd rather not push it too far if heat build up can result. I'll do as you say and try stock 4.0 first.

Thanks for the replies.

All installed without issue. Used my existing Nextbase hardwire kit - perfect.

Hopefully I've got the CPL on the right way up, I'll find out next journey.

Recommend that the CPL is fitted with the larger slot facing upwards, that way there is less chance of the glass lens falling out if heat from the windscreen expands the slot.

That's OK then as it is, didn't notice the slot lengths :)

What impressed me was the speed it got the GPS time and that the Lat/Long is on the displayed footage and is decimal degrees - perfect.

The GPS can sometimes take a while to locate the signal. I have to move away from my house before anything registers but usually no more that 30 secs or so, unless the sky or signal is completely hidden such as a covered car park etc. it responds quite well.

It came with firmware 4.01, I seem to remember that some have backed off to 4.0, must investigate ....

V4.01 is the latest firmware from Viofo. Personally I have found no problems with 4.01. In fact it a was a bug fix release of 4.0.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SteveJ A119 8
B A119 0
Back