Otosaver by Neoroad: Anyone familiar with this brand of dash cam?

danellh

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
There are very few reviews, but it appears to be a quality product. I'm stationed in South Korea, it's a Korean brand. I'm not tech literate yet need a dash cam here for 2019 Kia Soul. Looking for a quality product that has: Auto Start, 1080P, 30FPS, Continuous. Loop, GPS & Speed Log, G Sensor, Wi-Fi (so I can send video to insurance from smart phone), Buffered Park Mode, Super Capacitor (Other Option if not. I don't want to drain my battery or have a fire hazard with lithium battery), Night Vision, Glare Reduction, Temperature extremes. Preferably buttons that are user friendly or voice controlled. Will I need a separate mount for the GPS? Other accessories needed?

Look forward to your responses and recommendations.

Thanks. Another one, my auto guy here in S Korea, recommends is the Q-Z7 QHD by Atom Gold. I can't find any information on this product or company. Maybe because it's Korea and Hangul.
I've been looking at your product. Any plans for a parking mode and/or Wi-fi in the near future?

A lot of the Korean cams do not appeal to people elsewhere, so the product knowledge doesn't go much further either. Of the active members here @jokiin seems to know more about them than the rest of us and you can trust what he says :cool:(y)

Personally I stay away from new products until I see from others I know and trust that they are OK; I don't like being a 'guinea-pig' on products I spend money on :cautious: Korean cam makers in general do not update firmware as often or as completely as some of the better Chinese companies, and they also seem to place less value on video quality which to most of us is paramount just below reliability. They do tend to be rich in features- that seems to be their main product focus. Some of the best Korean cams are very good choices though so don't 'discount' them entirely, just know what you want and what you're getting by doing your research before buying ;)

Phil

My phones last update ( Chinese phone ) well it did update android security, but other than that it was a lot of updates to give my phone a new and wonderful visual experience.
So now i have to swipe in other ways and press in other ways and its all together just annoying to me

I am far too conservative to even think about the visual experience on a phone, or for that matter the clothe i wear and the car i drive and so on.
I do not have a need to pretend or appear to be something i am not, that would only change if i won a a gazillion in the lottery, but i will probably still be the guy with the least washed super car and my dream car would get better looking with dirt cuz what i want there are so far from what any other rich or accidental rich guy would buy, my dream car are butt ugly brand new and weigh in around 12 tonnes.
And its only good feature is it would make it possible for me to visit places in my country where white people like me are not really welcome. And i would so put that to use from day #1

Back