Out of focus (blurry) C600 dashcam videos and pictures.

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
Just got this and the videos are blurry and out of focus.
Can't read license plate in front of the car neither recognize people walking next to the car.
Even pictures are blurry.
Attached is a 100% crop of picture I took without any window or glass in front.
Looks horrible.
Is there a fix for it?

08070004-crop-dashcam.jpg

Last edited:
Send it in for a replacement?

I don't know man. It may be too much hassle for $10 to send it back to China.
Video is only satisfactory on bright sun light. Picture is not good at any condition.
I think it's fake.
Event he IR lights don't light up.

When the Shadow GT300W I bought arrived it worked fine but the video was similarly blurry and unusable. FoxOffer where I bought it offered to replace the camera after I sent them some screen shots but I didn't want to have to send the camera back to China what with the added expense and time that would be wasted. So I decided to take the risk to see if it was just an out of focus lens. After carefully opening the case and manually refocusing the lens the camera now takes tack sharp video.

I didn't get to see your last post until just after I posted but it sounds like it may be more than just the lens. On the other hand, if you're not going to send it back, it would be worth seeing what you can do. The lens threads are fixed in place with a tiny spot of glue that you need to break by twisting. If you can improve the focus, you then need to secure the threads in place again with another small spot of glue or temporally with some tape to make sure you're happy with the focus.

Edit: The IR LEDs are completely useless, so don't worry if they don't work. I have no idea why they even put things like that on dash cams.

Last edited:
C600 is supposed to be crappy. My C600 is blurry on the left side. (I use it as a rear dashcam.) I'm getting myself a G1WH.
Untitled.jpg Untitled.jpg
I even attempted to rotate the len. But it's behind the circuit board, which is very hard to take out.

Last edited:
Thanks for comments.
The one I got is like this:
C600_Mini_Car_DVR_HD_720P_IR_LED_12_Pieces_Car_Vehicle_Video_Camera_Support_Russia_G-sensor_Cycle_Re.jpg

The IR led's don't even turn on and there is no option in the menu to do anything.
I think they are fake/duds.
I'll test little more and if it's like this, I'll have to work with seller for refund or something.
I've seen other C600 videos online and they are night and day better than mine.

If I keep this, I'll open it up and see if I can remove the lens cover and have better quality along with manual twist focus etc...
:(

When I got my first dash cam several years ago there was literally no information available about them and you had to buy and hope for the best. Now we have places like DashCamTalk and much better products on the market, including some low priced units that perform better than some more expensive offerings available even a year or so ago. It may be best to consider the C600 a live and learn experience and move on to a more well reviewed, well regarded product purchased from a reputable merchant.

Thanks for comments.
The one I got is like this:

The IR led's don't even turn on and there is no option in the menu to do anything.
I think they are fake/duds.
I'll test little more and if it's like this, I'll have to work with seller for refund or something.
I've seen other C600 videos online and they are night and day better than mine.

If I keep this, I'll open it up and see if I can remove the lens cover and have better quality along with manual twist focus etc...
:(

There's a circuit board right in front of the len. I can't even pull it out.

Untitled.jpg

When I got my first dash cam several years ago there was literally no information available about them and you had to buy and hope for the best. Now we have places like DashCamTalk and much better products on the market, including some low priced units that perform better than some more expensive offerings available even a year or so ago. It may be best to consider the C600 a live and learn experience and move on to a more well reviewed, well regarded product purchased from a reputable merchant.

I gonna sell mine on Ebay for under 10 bucks;)

C600 has decent reviews.
If you check youtube for 'Bad drivers of Kentucky', you'll see many videos from C600 that are pretty decent. Watch @ 720p.

Mine are slightly blurry, can't read license plate unless I'm stopped at traffic light bumper to bumper and even then, it's not sharp.

C600 is supposed to be crappy. My C600 is blurry on the left side. (I use it as a rear dashcam.) I'm getting myself a G1WH.
View attachment 5318 View attachment 5319
I even attempted to rotate the len. But it's behind the circuit board, which is very hard to take out.
untitled-jpg.5319

That is much much better than what my C600 produces.
My C600 has that left side (little better but not as sharp as the right side) quality all over. :(

BTW, my Samsung Galaxy SII records way better quality, very crisp and sharp than my dashcam even at 720p.

Last edited:
C600 has decent reviews.

I am very skeptical that the C600 has garnered any "decent reviews". Perhaps you can provide some links to them. I am am NOT talking about customer reviews on Amazon for this 25-28 dollar dash cam but legitimate objective reviews by people knowledgable about dash cam technology. The fact is that the results we have seen here in this thread and on YouTube, even those that may be sharper than yours are about what all one can expect from a 25 dollar dash cam. And night time performance would be worthless. The truth of the matter is that anyone who is even halfway serious about owning a dash cam would likely not bother with one of these. The G1WH at $56.77 or any of its "cousins" is the lowest priced dash cam of merit worth considering at this point in time.

I am very skeptical that the C600 has garnered any "decent reviews". Perhaps you can provide some links to them. I am am NOT talking about customer reviews on Amazon for this 25-28 dollar dash cam but legitimate objective reviews by people knowledgable about dash cam technology. The fact is that the results we have seen here in this thread and on YouTube, even those that may be sharper than yours are about what all one can expect from a 25 dollar dash cam. And night time performance would be worthless. The truth of the matter is that anyone who is even halfway serious about owning a dash cam would likely not bother with one of these. The G1WH at $56.77 or any of its "cousins" is the lowest priced dash cam of merit worth considering at this point in time.

Not sure about legitimate reviews but if my videos come as good as the mentioned youtube videos, I'll be more than happy. In that video, even night time is pretty much in focus.
I'll try to post a clip from my unit later.

I've seen G1W for $36 at amazon so that may be the next purchase.
www.amazon.com/1080P-Camera-Recorder-G-sensor-Vision/dp/B00H41EQSU/

There is more to night time video than focus. The 'Bad drivers of Kentucky' is OK, but really kind of sub-par performance in the current scheme of things. Also, be aware that not all G1W cameras are the same nowadays and you may not get quite what you think you are ordering, especially for $36.00. It is important when buying a dash cam to purchase from a reliable trusted merchant and spending a little more is usually the cheapest thing to do in the long run. I would encourage you to explore the discussions on DCT about the G1W and dash cam performance in general. Good luck!

for $36 it will either be the 96220 version with a small amount of profit for the seller, or the 96650 version selling at a loss

for $36 it will either be the 96220 version with a small amount of profit for the seller, or the 96650 version selling at a loss

It's not yet clear that @Sunny who has only been a member here a few days knows the difference between a 96220 and a 96650 but assuming for the time being that he doesn't, hopefully he will avail himself of the wealth of knowledge and information here on DCT and inform himself. Like many things related to new gadgets and technologies, it is a process and a learning curve.

even when you do find a 96650 version there's a USD $10 price difference between the best version and the low end version (six versions that I'm aware of, perhaps more) so even getting a 96650 version doesn't always mean it's going to be great, it's very hard to buy a good version of this model anymore

even when you do find a 96650 version there's a USD $10 price difference between the best version and the low end version (six versions that I'm aware of, perhaps more) so even getting a 96650 version doesn't always mean it's going to be great, it's very hard to buy a good version of this model anymore

I have come to be a fan and loyal customer of FoxOffer when it comes to such things but of course, anyone who has been around here awhile knows there are also other good merchants. Do your homework!

Back