Out of Focus or glare?

promidgetmafia

Reaction score
Country
United States
Please see the attached pictures. Does it look like the camera is out of focus or possibly glare and needs to be adjusted?

Driving is blurry. From a distance, I cannot see license plates and everything looks out of focus.
kPO3h3w.jpg

Stopped:
6yxShtS.jpg

Parked:
NE8yjlv.jpg

Nicely focused on your dash, focused too close for outside.

If the lens is clean, windshield has no condensation layer inside and is clean outside, it's not focused correctly.

definitely focused too close. david l. has a pretty good tutorial to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If bought locally then send it back for exchange, if from abroad ( China ), then it is worth to try focus it yourself at home, however you must remember - any DIY or fix will void warranty !
I have skipped 0805 model ( have only 0801, 0803, 0806 ), but disassembly and focusing of of 0805 should be similar to 0803.
You will see in that link I was focusing that unit and I am sure you also can do it yourself.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/disassembly-inside-mini-0803.6310/

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same focus issue as the OP, where my picture and video qualities looked atrocious. From the information I gathered on the forums, it seems that the lens is out of focus so I returned it. I bought mine from SplashETech from Amazon and thank goodness they give free returns and full refunds. I returned mine and purchased another one, so hopefully the second one I get won't have the focus issues again.

I had the same focus issue as the OP, where my picture and video qualities looked atrocious. From the information I gathered on the forums, it seems that the lens is out of focus so I returned it. I bought mine from SplashETech from Amazon and thank goodness they give free returns and full refunds. I returned mine and purchased another one, so hopefully the second one I get won't have the focus issues again.

I just received mine from the same seller. mine is focused perfectly. hope your replacement is, too!

I just received mine from the same seller. mine is focused perfectly. hope your replacement is, too!

Thanks. I should be receiving mine on Friday (Amazon Prime FTW) so hopefully I get the same batch as you did.

Unfortunately the camera I received today was also out of focus. The funny thing is that this was actually even worse than the first one. I am going to return it again and probably look for another dash cam at this moment. It seems like there are too many QA/QC issues with the mini series.

Just got mine from Amazon FS Tech (SplashETech). All good. I could see football goal net from 100 -150 ft.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
maburayu Mini 0805 6
D Mini 0805 40
Back