Over the cloud "Privacy settings"

Mixhali

Reaction score
Country
Australia
all,

I can't believe this, there is no way to hide yourself from the blackvue cloud map. If your camera is online then it's free for all to see it. Granted you can turn off access to the video and audio however you can not turn off your presence and the speed you are doing.

Great for thieves, anyone want a blackvue, just install the app, you don't even have to log in and you can see all cameras around you to the exact location. Drive on over, smash the window and there you go

Dirty ass stalkers can stalk there prey. If they know there victim has a blackvue and where they live, they can track them all day long.

Great feature pitta soft, now let's let's sit back and wait for A PR disaster

Great for thieves, anyone want a blackvue, just install the app, you don't even have to log in and you can see all cameras around you to the exact location. Drive on over, smash the window and there you go

just tried this, surprised to see the cameras listed so readily

all,

I can't believe this, there is no way to hide yourself from the blackvue cloud map. If your camera is online then it's free for all to see it. Granted you can turn off access to the video and audio however you can not turn off your presence and the speed you are doing.

Dirty ass stalkers can stalk there prey. If they know there victim has a blackvue and where they live, they can track them all day long.

Great feature pitta soft, now let's let's sit back and wait for A PR disaster

We were informed they're adding in the option to make your location private, this should of been in the most recent App update.

Which version of the app. has the fix?

v2.000 has the following options:

Under camera setting, privacy:

1. share blackvue live view video publicly
2. share blackvue live view audio publicly
3. share blackvue name publicly

It doesn't say anything about putting your camera on the map w/o permission. wow...

Which version of the app. has the fix?

v2.000 has the following options:

Under camera setting, privacy:

It doesn't say anything about putting your camera on the map w/o permission. wow...

Apologies we will look into this further and let you know; I had not checked it since the update but will do so now.

Hello,

What's new today about this ?

I think there is always the same issue !
I can't hide my position on the Map !!!!

Back