Overexposed video

Az_Rael

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else have this problem? I downloaded my video today because of a crazy driver, and I noticed that the camera is overexposing so much that I can't even read the plate of the car in front of me. I have the brightness set to "1".

Any suggestions?

generally better to run the brightness setting at default levels, white car and bright sunlight and some reflection is going to be hard to deal with at times, notice you can read the plate of the car reversing as it's off axis and you're not having to deal with the direct reflection from the licence plate like the car in front

no camera will get clear shot of the license plates at all times, particularly when there is a lot of light to deal with, sunlight or headlights are equally hard to deal with

Tilt the camera down a bit 1/3 sky 1/3 road 1/3 dash and bonnet or you will get flaring Been there done that

OK, thanks for the inputs. I reset brightness to 3 and adjusted the camera position. Maybe it was just bad lighting.

I have purchased polarised filters for front and back cameras to avoid reflection off windscreen and glare from sun. These seem to work very well in all weather conditions.

Back