Overheating still an issue?

ainokea

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800 Pro, Blackvue DR-750S-2CH
I'm looking to purchase the DR900S-2CH for my wife's car but read in some previously posted threads that the camera overheats. I live in Hawaii and it's hot here almost the entire year. I currently own a Thinkware F800 Pro for my vehicle and have not had any issues with overheating.

I have a DR900S and yes, they do get hot. I live in Florida so I can relate to the heat issue. Though my camera never actually overheated, I solved the problem with a heat sink such as this one.

Eh, that's not good. Do you know if the DR750S-2CH has overheating issues? I would like to try a Blackvue to compare to my Thinkware.

1080p cameras are generally ok, they run a lot cooler than the 4k models

Might have to look into the DR750S-2CH then and compare it to the Thinkware Q800 Pro.

You're sure not going to get any sympathy from those of us who live in the snow* belt.

*Snow: Cold, white precipitation.

PS - I'm jealous. :)

LOL! :cool:

I ended up purchasing the DR750S-2CH and Cellink Neo. :) Blackboxmycar had a promo so I took advantage of it. I figure the Thinkware Q800 Pro would be slight upgrade from my F800 Pro so wanted to try Blackvue.

dr900s is causing lot of issues due to the heat, couldn't even touch it in normal summer, and two of my cards were failed also within short period of time. might think of going back to 1080p dr750 now until they fix the problem.

They’ll fix the problem by releasing a new model. :D

I've owned my Blackvue DR900S-2CH for about a year and a half now. I've never had any problems whatsoever with over heating or memory devices failing. HOWEVER, I will say that the camera is only running while my car is also.

I've owned my Blackvue DR900S-2CH for about a year and a half now. I've never had any problems whatsoever with over heating or memory devices failing. HOWEVER, I will say that the camera is only running while my car is also.
I was looking at the upcoming Street Guardian release, but have decided to avoid Chinese made products so I'm back to considering a Blackvue. Where do you live? I live in a hot climate, but I would also only be using the camera while the car is on. It is garaged and parked outside my office most of the time-if I decide I need a camera on it, I can get a security cam aimed at it.

Thanks.

The heat-related issues are not a thing while drive but in parking mode, oh boy, that's a completely different story. I'm not living in hot climate in particular but my DR900Ss had many issues during summer.

The heat-related issues are not a thing while drive but in parking mode, oh boy, that's a completely different story. I'm not living in hot climate in particular but my DR900Ss had many issues during summer.
Thanks. That's great to hear. I don't think that I'd be using it much for parking mode anyway. If so, just for that occasional trip to a store so it's not like it will be sitting in the sun for hours.

Now, just have to look for a sale as my wife isn't entirely anxious to spend money with her 401k tanking and everyone hoarding everything.

I was looking at the upcoming Street Guardian release, but have decided to avoid Chinese made products so I'm back to considering a Blackvue. Where do you live? I live in a hot climate, but I would also only be using the camera while the car is on. It is garaged and parked outside my office most of the time-if I decide I need a camera on it, I can get a security cam aimed at it.

Thanks.

Washington State. Also, on hot days I keep my windows down a smidgen. I have the Weather Tech side window deflectors so no one even notices the windows are not all the way up.

OK, so I'm about to pull the trigger on the DR900S 2CH. Amazon reviews are killing it for bricking SD cards (not sure what make/models/sizes of SD). Now I'm concerned...but, if it's just in parking mode, I'm golden. I wouldn't use it for parking. Is this still the case? Does Blackvue have a response?

Not a single card bricked for me after a year of 24/7 work time.
It depends on which card you use and many users even here think for example Samsung Evo and similar is enough... :) and also the Blackvue’s cards are cr*p.

OK, so I'm about to pull the trigger on the DR900S 2CH. Amazon reviews are killing it for bricking SD cards (not sure what make/models/sizes of SD). Now I'm concerned...but, if it's just in parking mode, I'm golden. I wouldn't use it for parking. Is this still the case? Does Blackvue have a response?

Get a Samsung Evo Select U3 (green card) off Amazon. 256GB.

Or a SanDisk Endurance (white colored card).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they actually certified for dashcam use. I was lead to believe (by NextBase CS) that the Samsung one specifically excludes dashcam video use from their guarantee.
Having said that, and coincidentally, I use a 125G Samsung Evo and a 128G SanDisk Endurance in my two 750 2CH without problems despite this. Who cares about a manufacturers guarantee anyway when your contract of purchase is with the retailer in the first instance and the cost is no longer 'bank breaking' now.

What about Samsung PRO Endurance? I'm getting mixed opinions: some people claim it will lead to overheating and it doesn't work well together with 900s 2ch, others say it works just fine.
Any thoughts on that?

DR900S overheats by itself... Samsung Pro Endurance worked for me without issues(related to the card :p ). The only drawback was max capacity.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 22
I DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 213
Back