Overheating?

I'm curious if anyone has tried the blendmount for the 900s? I'm guessing since this mount moves the camera back and off of the front windshield it should reduce the heat transferred from the windshield to the camera. This isn't a cheap option seeing that the mount costs about $100, but it might be a solution until BV comes up with a firmware update. I ordered one for myself for my dr750s 2ch that comes in later this week.

Have not had my 900S have an overheating issue once. Guess I got a good one. It is 5C / 40F right now here, may be part of the reason.

Could be that it's just colder now but really, most of the overheating issues I actually heard about were from here.
BlackVue has definitely released a few firmware updates since that whole fiasco, I imagine they've done everything they could do considering the new build of the DR750X.
They had to change it due to the cellular aspect generating too much heat.

Guess we'll know about the overheating by next Summer.:LOL:

I used the DR900 all summer long in my car. I was doing construction inspection so my car was parked outside all day 5 days a week. Many 80-90 degree Fahrenheit days. Never once do I remember it over heating and shutting off. Maybe having a white car helps.

My DR650 use to overheat and shut down a lot when I had a black civic and would be parked outside all day.

On the positive side of over heating. Came out to my truck this AM covered in snow except a softball size patch of windshield without a flake on it directly in front of the camera... heat from the camera acted like an all night defrost.

It does look like BV released the new firmware that raises the temperature threshold before the 900 shuts off. It's also noted that BV is taking their passive cooling more seriously with the new design of the 750x. That camera housing looks like Swiss cheese!

I just had my DR900S replaced by BlackVue due to reboots.

Apparently there are work arounds if it continues. I will share them on here once I know; the replacement took a week.

Apparently there are work arounds if it continues. I will share them on here once I know; the replacement took a week.
Thanks for sharing. I really want the 900s, but I'm sticking with my 750 until there's a solid solution to the 900s' qwerks.

Ridiculous to have to use "workarounds" on a brand new $400-$500+ device.

Ridiculous to have to use "workarounds" on a brand new $400-$500+ device.
But a fine business model for BlackVue.. Create enough hype and have your customers pay to be beta testers.. Fix the problems you can with firmware and use the problems they can't fix in designing the next model.. with of course an incremental price increase.

That's the model that Microsoft and multiple TV STB manufacturers seem to use as well.

When summer hits my state, we will defintely know the situation with heat tolerance; I was told by dashcam provider that they put these cams in the oven to tolerance test them and we hit 45 degrees centigrade in the shade over here - ETA 3 months.

Can you please update us regarding how your cam is handling the 45c/113f so far?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 19
V DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 22
Back