"Overlap time" added into GUI Menu Settings of Datacam player / Registrator Viewer ( v5.9 )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Not sure if users paid attention on a new feature of Datacam player / Registrator Viewer ( v5.9 )

Vadim ( RV Developer ) added an easy adjustable "Overlap time" into GUI Menu Settings.

With early versions you had to use "regedit" to adjust needed overlap value, which many people don't know or don't want to mess around. Now it is made easy job.

How to adjust overlap time, - look below.

Why you need to adjust overlap time ?
- in case you want to playback more than one file or stitch them together without having a "jump" between video clips, you need to cut an overlap time for smooth playback, which can be different depending on dashcamera specifics, or settings. Most dashcams have overlap time set to 1sec ( 1000ms ), but in some dashcams this figure is different or selectable.

For example Panorama series have 0, 1, 2 sec overlap time selectable from menu.

Another example: Mobius, as most other Novatek NT96650 based dashcams should have 1 sec ( 1000ms ) overlap value, but I have tested frame by frame and using default overlap time 1000ms still leaves very tiny "jump", so by test and try I found out that for Mobius the best value is 1020ms ( you see it from picture below ).

Same way you can change overlap value to any other dashcam specifics.

Hope this article will be useful for you.

Overlap.jpg

Thanks for the heads up or I would have missed this. This is a great feature for G1W owners

Thanks for the heads up or I would have missed this. This is a great feature for G1W owners

You are welcome.
To be honest, myself also didnt paid attention on this, - Vadim pointed out. Thanks to him ;).
His effort and dedication are well worth of donation.

It was Jokiin who pointed it out to me in a different thread.
I find the best setting for my Mobius clips is 1025 milliseconds.

Frank

Thanks for sharing tests of 1025ms for Mobius, I tryed that one as well and visually it was same for me as 1020ms. Probably 0005ms is not playing much diffetence for Mobius files.

Thanks for sharing tests of 1025ms for Mobius, I tryed that one as well and visually it was same for me as 1020ms. Probably 0005ms is not playing much diffetence for Mobius files.
I came down in increments from around 1200 and stopped when I got to 1025 as that looked correct to me. Haven't tried 1020 (no Mobius footage on the PC at the moment) but as you say, you probably cannot see a difference.

Frank

I came down in increments from around 1200 and stopped when I got to 1025 as that looked correct to me. Haven't tried 1020 (no Mobius footage on the PC at the moment) but as you say, you probably cannot see a difference.

Frank
Maybe someone who is more professional to video editing can share thoughts / ideas on how correctly to fond out exact overlap.

Is there a way now to get rid of this ghost frame on the A118?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Module 79L Managing / Editing Videos 34
Back