Overwhelmed by everything on the market, need recommendation

Brian.Schmidt

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking for a dashcam with the following features, can anyone recommend a good fit?

~Parking mode with a good motion sensor
~Discreet (I currently live in a crime-infested neighborhood)
~Front and back cameras
~Good quality camera in both day and night mode (I work a lot of night shifts)

I'm looking for a dashcam with the following features, can anyone recommend a good fit?

~Parking mode with a good motion sensor
~Discreet (I currently live in a crime-infested neighborhood)
~Front and back cameras
~Good quality camera in both day and night mode (I work a lot of night shifts)
Looking the same thing....check out my recent post.

I don't mind paying a premium is the quality is up there but it seems that manufacturers only excel at on and not the other...[emoji36]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE A2003 met Tapatalk

Y'all both might want to look into the BlackVue cameras for their good parking mode and dual cams. IMHO they are overpriced but are the only decent and proven system offering both of these features together. They have quirks and drawbacks same as any cam so do your research before jumping to buy ;) Sometimes you may be better served with 2 separate cams which can usually improve the rear cam's performance level significantly :) Single cams with reported good parking modes include the Thinkware F50 and Goluk T-3. There are other choices in single and dual cams which might serve you well too, but every cam is a compromise and has it's own quirks sp only you can decide.

I always suggest that you make a list of the features you want arranged on order of importance, then see what matches that best with quirks you can live with. You won't get everything you want but you can have most of it :cool: Narrow your choices down to a few cams then we can better help you understand the plusses and minuses of those and how to get the best from them :D

Phil

I looked at the blackvue, which are excellent but bought a thinkware F770 which to myself and others that have not noticed it despite being stood right in front of it is a more discreet shape and imo video is better day and night, look at footage of different cams if you can as well, I think the F770 is overpriced too but wasn't a consideration at all as hopefully only have to buy it once so would happily have paid double

Back