Overwhelmed by the amount of choices

dord94

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,

I'm new to the dash-cam scene but I've wanted one for a long time. I've finally decided now is the time to get one.

I've spent days looking at reviews, videos, forum posts on here and reddit and reading through any review I can find for any cam that takes my interest. However I can't seem to find a cam that gets consistently good reviews. One post will speak very highly of one cam then another will list of a ton of faults and very few positives.

I don't really need a bunch of features, once the camera is easy to operate so it's not a chore to turn on and start recording. Good video quality and temperature resistance too. However here in Ireland it only goes from -4 Celsius to at max 25 Celsius - and that 25 is a push.
Features such as motion detection ( parking mode I think ) and mobile apps are a bonus.

I've narrowed it down to 3 cams for my budget of €100/£90/$120;

Viofo A119 v2
Thinkware F50 or x330

But as i mentioned earlier, I can't get a solid review on each cam, each review contradicts the other. Can someone please point me in the right direction!

Thanks.

I have bought SG9665GC V3 2 months ago and am happy with it. This forum is full of praise for this dashcam. Why didn't you consider this one. They even have a dual camera set-up newly launched now.

SG9665GC v3 is similar shape/style as V119 but over 100eur budget.
If priority is discrete design within 100eur then I would go with A119. Most important to buy from reputable (preferably local) reseller with good aftersales support.

every single cam make/model will have the occasional faulty cam unit, but if 100 dashcams sell and 5 are faulty, you'll always see the 5 complaints, but you might only see 5 comments of praise, not 95, which to be fair, doesn't help you in your decision

I suppose it depends on finding the cam that looks the best in terms of functionality and the videos, and hope you've bought it off a reputable seller who can put anything right that might go wrong

pretty happy about my viofo. Firmware support and this website too has quite a lot of informations/discussions.
A119V2 is 80usd/67 eu on banggood now

Last edited:
The A119 is going to give much better video than either of the other two, the F50 in particular is very low quality video, would never suggest anyone look at that model

Back