P%p or get off the pot time for me

TomZweifel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm about to take delivery on my first new car since (get this) 1993, and the dashcam is the 1st thing that's going in it. March 6th ETA on the car and I NEED to get an idea whether Street Guardian's much anticipated but never demonstrated parking mode is going to be the bomb or a bomb.

I want a Street Guardian, but I need parking mode.

Any chance Jokiin and crew might want to drop some spoilers, teases or other sneak previews? The DC hardwire kit was supposed to hit the shelves any day now according to the rumor mill, so I'd be willing to bet parking mode is going to be not too far behind. Knowing my luck it's going to be about half an hour after I irrevocably drop a bankroll on a Thinkware or similar that I didn't really want in the first place. You're welcome to anyone else who'se been waiting, March 7th appears to be your salvation.

I really should know better than to ask. But the fat lady's hittin' a solfeggio something fierce.

don't have an eta yet unfortunately but March 7th is probably too early for us, Chinese New Year is mid Feb and it slows production down so highly unlikely we'd have them ready by then

If you want to try a SG9663DC sooner (before the add-on SGDCHW is ready) I can set you up with a special deal for being patient. I'll send a private message now.

But the fat lady's hittin' a solfeggio something fierce.
emot-master.gif

emot-golfclap.gif

Last edited:
I would just go with the SG and then do the hard wire kit when it arrive, i totally get you would want parking mode, but numerically the chance of a event are still larger when driving,,, at least a major event, those parking lot door dings made by idiots, they are hard to factor in.

Thank you for the kind words, Deacon.

Thank you as well for the generous offer, StreetGuardianUSA.

I was hoping for some details regarding whether it will be pre-buffered, motion detection, shock detection, audio detection etc. I also know that there has been a suggestion previously that it is "not recommended for continuous operation", so I was wondering whether that notion might still be a factor. If I was really lucky maybe I could get an idea of power consumption during parking mode so I could size a standby battery and get an idea of expected runtime. The last question I was hoping might get answered is which current models would be getting parking mode at a future date and which won't, just in case I might want to start with the X2 instead of the DC.

But thanks as always for the answers I did get, I'm grateful for the information I received. I understand the nature of these things and I won't poke further.

I don't think it'll be pre-buffered, more like the previous file also getting locked for g-sensor triggers.

I was hoping for some details regarding whether it will be pre-buffered, motion detection, shock detection, audio detection etc.

initially will be offering timelapse, further functions still need more development and testing

If I was really lucky maybe I could get an idea of power consumption during parking mode so I could size a standby battery and get an idea of expected runtime.

can't say at this stage as the power supply isn't finalised as yet

The last question I was hoping might get answered is which current models would be getting parking mode at a future date and which won't, just in case I might want to start with the X2 instead of the DC.

we have other models we're working on now for later release which we are also planning to offer the same functionality but none of the other current models will be able to support this functionality

Back