Painfull viewing recordings

ckhris

Reaction score
Country
United States
so my new blackvue 750s 2ch is painfully slow to view clips. I have a steady fast wifi. When I goto look at clips over the cloud or hooked up directly using wifi iphone. It takes so damn long to load up a clip to watch. Is this normal? Sure I can pull the sd card but who wants to do that everytime. Am I missing something? Tips... tricks? You would think that since wifi has been out on dash cams it would be a bit more perfected than this.
My nest outdoor can and cloud service is flawless and viewing is 10 times better than this dash cam.

Wekcome to DCT @ckhris :)
Wifi downloading with dashcams is slow. If speed matters pulling the card for viewing is much faster ;) Many (but not all) dashcam manufacturers will highlight a feature to sell cams knowing that it doesn't work well enough to be useful :eek: I don't like it either, but that's how it goes.

Phil

so my new blackvue 750s 2ch is painfully slow to view clips. I have a steady fast wifi. When I goto look at clips over the cloud or hooked up directly using wifi iphone. It takes so damn long to load up a clip to watch. Is this normal? Sure I can pull the sd card but who wants to do that everytime. Am I missing something? Tips... tricks? You would think that since wifi has been out on dash cams it would be a bit more perfected than this.
My nest outdoor can and cloud service is flawless and viewing is 10 times better than this dash cam.

Wifi video uploading is like being back in the days of dial-up internet. :arghh: Not a feature that seems worth it or ready for prime time from all the reports we see here on DCT.

Wifi video uploading is like being back in the days of dial-up internet. :arghh: Not a feature that seems worth it or ready for prime time from all the reports we see here on DCT.
I would agree with the "not ready fro prime time" part.. but WiFi works well enough to watch video from any number of sources on my WiFi laptop. The issue.. to me ... is that the manufactures want a source of revenue and force you to use the cloud.

I would agree with the "not ready fro prime time" part.. but WiFi works well enough to watch video from any number of sources on my WiFi laptop. The issue.. to me ... is that the manufactures want a source of revenue and force you to use the cloud.

I was referring specifically to dash cam WiFi performance which is generally quite poor. Other forms of WiFi with more robust technology than we see in SoC dash cams are a different matter entirely. For example, I watch movies on my iPad via WiFi all the time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 4
Back