Paint on buttons cracking

TapRackBang

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and new to dashcams. I just picked up a A119 and installed it in my truck on Sunday (03/12/17). Last night when I was driving around I noticed the paint or whatever it is on the record and the mic buttons looks like it has cracked. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. I know it may seem like a small thing to complain about but it's still annoying none the less.

IMG_1174.jpg

yes it has been noted before, I believe @viofo have already addressed this issue for future productions, it is only cosmetic and won't effect the operation of your camera

We are still checking it. We have a tool to fix the button, not sure if the tool put big pressure while fixing the button.

Well hopefully it is something can get get sorted out for future buyers, maybe I should have expected this since this is a supposed "budget" camera, but it is still annoying that a product that I have used for less that 72 hours is already showing signs of defect.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and new to dashcams. I just picked up a A119 and installed it in my truck on Sunday (03/12/17). Last night when I was driving around I noticed the paint or whatever it is on the record and the mic buttons looks like it has cracked. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. I know it may seem like a small thing to complain about but it's still annoying none the less.

IMG_1174.jpg

Well hopefully it is something can get get sorted out for future buyers, maybe I should have expected this since this is a supposed "budget" camera, but it is still annoying that a product that I have used for less that 72 hours is already showing signs of defect.

Hello, even if you didn't buy your A119 from OCD Tronic, I'd like to offer to send you a new A119 with a pre-paid return label. The factory asked me to try and get a cracked button sample so they can inspect closer and better determine the root cause. I'm heading to China in a couple weeks and will hand it to the VIOFO team directly.

I'll send you a private message so we can make arrangements.

Last edited:

Hello, even if you didn't buy your A119 from OCD Tronic, I'd like to offer to send you a new A119 with a pre-paid return label. The factory asked me to try and get a cracked button sample so they can inspect closer and better determine the root cause. I'm heading to China in a couple weeks and will hand it to the VIOFO team directly.

I'll send you a private message so we can make arrangements.
A :)Great Seller

Same thing happened to my unit. This happened less than a month of usage.

Ditto to OCD Tronics. Contacted him for the defective GPS base which he quickly replied that a replacement is on the way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F A119 31
BlackCloud A119 3
Back