Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
  • Panasonic CY-DVRP100T
    Dash Camera
  • . WDR wide dynamic image processing technology with impressive SNR 115Db !!!
    . 1280 x 720, 30FPS video quality
    . H.264, MP4 video format
    . 140 ° viewing angle (D: 140 °, H: 100 °, V: 72 °)
    . Built-in gravity sensor G-Sensor
    . A key emergency boot protected files
    . Support GPS Data Logger (GPS antenna optional)
    . 2.4-inch flip-screen
    . Regeneration playback function
    . Recording switch, loop protection video switch, the English interface
    . 12V/24V car adapter
    . AV-out video output
    . Support SDHC (Max 32GB)
a1.jpg
a3.png

huvn3nkML3JBDboTlXdDog.jpg

Description: Can accept more bright scope, purpose in addressing the problem of the backlight and multiple light sources. At night when using high shutter speeds to capture images and general scope, so that the camera can capture images of the brightest and darkest parts, and then merge the advantages of these two images to produce high-resolution images.

There are wide dynamic video processing technology (WDR) ~ recognizable reflection or glare shining objects

Wide dynamic video processing technology (WDR) ~ Unknown reflections or glare shining objects

cwH5B3_C9p8qkmWxykoxvw.jpg

Description: 720p HD video quality plus a wide viewing angle of 140 degrees, so that traffic in the image list no doubt, the surrounding circumstances more clearly.

qizPErWfYJpw8aVwpE7Inw.jpg

Note: When the vehicle suffered severe shock or accidental impact, the host built-in gravity sensor will start recording protection, key lock 10 seconds before the accident and post-accident 60 seconds video files, preserving important image evidence will not be coverage.

You can also manually click on the host ﹝ LOCK ﹞ keys to protect your files!

ZqVl8lJWrixMUUuuJEQJlw.jpg

Note: When connecting dedicated GPS antenna, video can be recorded while in latitude and longitude, and speed, a complete record of all information. Also can be synchronized to GPS time, do not need to set the time manually.

* GPS antenna (CA-LGS600T) is an optional accessory, please contact your dealer to buy.

nnBcYfJV3MO4kDXFY8LWtQ.jpg

Note: The SD card comes included-Panasonic DVR Tools installer through the computer's SD card slot directly read the installation. Also available from the official website to download and install, simple and convenient.

1. Google Maps window : Displays the vehicle at the location on Google Maps and transportation routes.

* To be connected to a GPS antenna (optional accessory).

* Computer network connection to be normal playback to use Google Maps.

2 capture video map

3 gravity sensor charts, driving speed chart display switch

4 playback control / playback speed / volume control

a4.jpg
a5.jpg
a6.jpg
a7.jpg
a8.jpg
a10.jpg

Panasonic WDR demo video:

Collection of all videos on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...83.2.2.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.j5etZvjrGA0

Source:

http://www.panasonic.oa.hk/english/...lance/driving-video-recorder/cy-dvrp100t.aspx

http://translate.google.com/transla...Bproduct.aspx?id=48&model=CY-DVRP100T&act=url

http://translate.google.com/transla...m/yuusheang-caraudio/article?mid=1507&act=url

Cheapest price I found is 6800 TWD, approx 220 usd

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21308068561707

well there's the big brand everyone's been waiting for, not sure this is going to rewrite the rules though

well there's the big brand everyone's been waiting for, not sure this is going to rewrite the rules though

Yes, we all want to see a big brands coming out with their products to dash cam market.
This Panasonic dash cam was released somewhere at the end of last year. Back then if I remember, the only one who also had WDR was Flexmedia W747. So Panasonic was the second well known brand introducing a WDR.
I think first time I saw it on the internet was january-february, but I lost interest to it due to 720p. They could do 1080p to get more interest from buyers.
Considering this is their first dash camera, I hope we might expect some improvements or newer models in near future. Let's wait and see.

they had a 1080p solution 18 months ago, we looked into it but could only get broken English support for it, too hard to work with

Interesting?!, If they had 1080p solution 1.5y ago, why they decided to go 9 moth ago with 720p? Rest of the world they all went to 1080p a while ago. This kind of approach / decision from such a big name I dont understand. Where is the catch?

Interesting?!, If they had 1080p solution 1.5y ago, why they decided to go 9 moth ago with 720p? Rest of the world they all went to 1080p a while ago. This kind of approach / decision from such a big name I dont understand. Where is the catch?

there's a couple of Asian markets were 720p sales are still quite strong, I'd say this product is aimed at those markets only, the design is not really western market style, it does have that Taiwanese look about it, 720p solutions are also much easier to do

there's a couple of Asian markets were 720p sales are still quite strong, I'd say this product is aimed at those markets only, the design is not really western market style, it does have that Taiwanese look about it, 720p solutions are also much easier to do

I would understand "targeting far east market" concept from some small, widely unknown brand, but hard to understand marketing strategy of such a giant as Panasonic. It would be much easier and much cheaper at the very beginning of this product development to take a goal towards 1080p solution. Yes, I understand it might take few month longer and end product would probably cost 10-20% more, but at least it would open worldwide market with much more demand.
Now, if they want in some stage to come out with 1080p version, they have to redesign many things ( cpu, some hardware, firmware, etc ). This is extra cost. It would be more practical to do all this on the first place.
My philosophy is to do something good once, so dont have to redo it later on.

But there is nothing to do. We just have to accept reality a those decisions "they" make. In Panasonic case "we" ( buyers ) going into favor of other brands. They lose potential customers that would favor to go with the strong brand name.
Maybe they learn one day.

there are some markets where the business case is strong enough to build what they want there even if it doesn't suit other markets, as you probably know 720p solutions are very cheap to do, they could easily get the return on their investment and may even consider it a test marketing exercise

Ok
there are some markets where the business case is strong enough to build what they want there even if it doesn't suit other markets, as you probably know 720p solutions are very cheap to do, they could easily get the return on their investment and may even consider it a test marketing exercise
Ok. Lets hope they will produce soon something good for other markets as well.

yeah I'd like to see some mainstream brands doing dashcams, it would raise awareness of the product, I know in many western markets plenty of people have never even heard of dashcams, I'd like to see more focus on the higher end of the market and away from the low end junk

Back