Panorama 2 (non-S) issues with motion detect

garygsn2

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
hi
I have a Panorama 2 (non-S) using a Transcend 128GB SDXC card.

I have tried firmware 1.12.06 and 1.12.08 both recognized the 128GB SDXC as ExFAT so I can just format it in the dashcam. However in 1.12.0x, the motion detect is not working at all, it records every single minute round the clock and as a result the 128GB can only store 30 hours worth of video (I set it to highest video quality).

I then downgraded the firmware to 1.08.03 which was the originally shipped version. The motion detect now works fine but intermittently. (In 1.08.03, I need to format using SmartDisk_FAT32_tool.exe to FAT32.)
Why I say intermittently is because it may work fine for a day, then the next day there will be 0KB video files recorded and then it stops recording. The recording resumes only after I power up the car again.

Please advise:
(1) On the intermittent motion detection, was it caused by the FAT32 card on a large size (> 32GB) SDXC? I have yet to try it on a 32GB card though.
(2) What caused the 0KB files when using 1.08.03? Corrupt SDXC? faulty dash cam?
(3) Is there any 1.12.xx version that can has the motion detection working? By working, I meant that it can record video only during activities detected, instead of recording every single minute round the clock.

I am stuck. :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P II / S 2
C II / S 1
D II / S 4
D II / S 19
L II / S 2
Back