Panorama 2 S DIY. Quick release Low profile base mount ( tripod screw type )

Cool! But it's not low profile.

Cool! But it's not low profile.
6-7mm "high / thick" mount for tripod screw type brackets is The Lowest profile I was able to create in home conditions with this quick DIY.
It is possible to reduce "thickness" of that base for another 1 or max 2 mm, but it will not make much of a difference.

Last edited:
Yeah. Have tons of ideas in my head but not enough time to make all of them happen.
On my wishlist to Santa Clause is to get a 3D printer this year. Who knows, if I behave, he will bring me one ;)

Just to clarify, this DIY project here is a low profile BASE for mount that can work with tripod screw type brackets / mounts.

I am working on DIY ultra low bracket / mount that would fit this base. It looks on paper something like this:

20150205_094828.jpg

6-7mm "high / thick" mount for tripod screw type brackets is The Lowest profile I was able to create in home conditions with this quick DIY.
It is possible to reduce "thickness" of than base for another 1 or max 2 mm, but it will not make much of a difference.

I am quite surprised some smart quick off the mark Chinese 'copy artist' has not started to make these things - get a few patents and QUICK!

I am quite surprised some smart quick off the mark Chinese 'copy artist' has not started to make these things - get a few patents and QUICK!

I'm not too sure the unscrupulous Chinese copyist is likely to worry about patents. It doesn't seem to have bothered them in the past [emoji6].

Niko, keep coming up with the ideas, I'm liking what you've come up with so far.

Back