Panorama 2 S firmware/bitrate help?

Jchenry

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
Im a dashcam newb and Im hoping some of you more tenured folks could help me out. Ive purchased and set up the PowerUCC Panorama II S in my vehicle. Ive seen a lot about a 'II' model and an 'S' model but not an 'II S' model - this is the link to what I've purchased on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JFUU5OMAnyway, the video seems a bit grainy and Ive seen that updating the firmware will allow your camera to record at a higher bitrate. I believe my current bitrate is 12 because this is roughly the birtate listed when I view the media details in VLC media player. I was unable to find this spec listed anywhere in what was sent to me. On the "About" screen, Im able to see the following information:
GLG300
Firmware 1.15.00
2014-12-20 22:30
Additionally, my serial number is PF405RD2785 if it helps.
So it would seem my firmware is more current than the other versions listed on the firmware sticky listed here on the forum. Does anyone else have any additional info? Id like to get the most out of my camera so a higher birate would certainly be nice.
I can provide a video sample and/or screen shot if necessary.
If a video sample is needed, what would be the best hosting service for an uncompressed upload?
Any help, tips, or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!!
Regards,
J

Thanks for the prompt response - I purchased from you on amazon and will recommend you highly. Great customer service. The firmware upgrade instructions video posted previously still applies correct?

Back